Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Drake... how very disappointing, but expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Dude, you need to get a pressure washer, or drag that thing to a carwash... if only you owned a car trailer.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I can't believe how well the trans lined up with the stock location. Just make sure to get the trans output shaft and the diff pinion shaft parallel when calculating the height of the trans mount required if it uses ujoints in the driveshaft, and make sure to get the trans output as close to parallel as possible with the driveshaft if it uses giubos.

And do this with the correct amount of weight on the suspension/wheels, or you'll end up loving it up and redoing it (or munching driveline components until you do).

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

BoostCreep posted:

When you pull the bolt all the way up it sits right against the wall of the cylinder and doesn't spin. Fortunately being in SoCal they won't get corroded, but if for some reason they still spin when putting them together I'll weld it from the top and grind it down.

Looking back on it I probably should have welded it.

Yup. I'd have welded them in place. Luckily for you, they aren't that complicated to make again!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

BoostCreep posted:

At least I made the disclaimer that I'm not a good fabricator. I'm learning as I go.

Beg, Borrow, or Steal a drill press next time too, if at all possible. Trying to drill big holes in thick plate with a cordless is a recipe for damage, destruction, or stitches. Also, a metalworking vise would be helpful.

• Locked thread