Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
HP Tuners and go dig around in the Sloppy Mechanics Wiki tune 'cabinet?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

BoostCreep posted:

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in his "cabinet" that worked for my setup, but thank you guys for turning me onto Sloppy Mechanics. I've seen a couple videos here and there but for some reason I didn't realize he'd be such an amazing resource for HP Tuners (and tuning in general).

Of course in the past 3 weeks, HP Tuners' tune repository went down due to a website relaunch and now there's no easy way for me to access stock tunes. Fortunately I ran across one in a thread on the HP Tuners forum for a 2005 4.8 manual Silverado and I can use that to compare settings. I made a bunch of changes to my tune to be more in line with that one. I'm hopeful the engine will fire up on that tune and I can use it as a base for a test and tune day at the track next month.

I still need to figure out an inexpensive way to build an exhaust from the downpipes back before that can happen. And before my neighbors call the cops on my engine running with open headers.

There's a seat installed. The shifter feels fine, just a little more lean than I was expecting. I could always get an angled shift lever if it bothers me.

Happel really knows his stuff, and presents it in a way that makes it comfortable to work on. I don't like poorly heehawed fast trucks, but the advice is solid and the eBay parts dissection isn't bad at all. And the power levels, Jesus.

You could always get parts from the usual suspects for exhuast(Vibrant, etc), but really look around on CL/yards for stock Silverado/F150/Ram exhausts, they have useful bends and such and they tend to be a matching size to what you have now, at least as a mockup or temporary setup you can get cloned in larger size/stainless/etc.

• Locked thread