Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

BoostCreep posted:

Engine runs great, which isn't unusual for the 1uz-fe at under 200k miles.

1. Keep the 1uz-fe and get an adapter for the T-56.

They apparently handle higher mileage pretty well too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Serious question, why would you delete VVT?

e: vvvvvv that makes sense. the only first hand experience I have with any form of VVT is first generation Honda VTEC, so I'm way out of the loop..

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 17, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BoostCreep posted:

That is certainly a good option. Are those easy to read while on a track? In low light?

As I do more research into this, it seems like the OBD2 Wifi/bluetooth dongle might not be the delay in the system. OBD2 in general is just really slow compared to CAN bus. I can't seem to find actual published sample rates for these, but what I am seeing is around 18 samples per second for OBD2 and 100+ for CAN bus. I'm trying to see if such a low sample rate is fast enough for real time response on something like a tachometer. The PLX Kiwi 3 says it is "4 times faster than the closest competitor", but that means nothing when nobody publishes actual sample rates.

I have the original PLX Kiwi, which was also "faster than the closest competitor".

FWIW, Torque for Android's tach lags a little behind the tach in my cluster... which is also incredibly laggy for some reason (just GM things), I hit the rev limiter if I wind it out in first before the physical tach has even hit 6k. Rev limiter is 6750.

I have no idea how the original compares to the 3, though.

• Locked thread