Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Baby Proof posted:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy https://register.ubisoft.com/ac-chronicles/en-GB is free on uplay (ubisoft)

and it only qualifies on a technicality, but the best deal in PC gaming is back yet again, 3 months of Xbox Gamepass PC for 1$ https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join. You can get a 4th month for a dollar if you're eligible for the xbox ultimate 1$ trial (but don't waste the ultimate 1$ trial if you're planning on doing an xbox gold conversion).

You can use a burner email and just make accounts there's nothing stopping you from eternally getting it for $1

A friend of mine refused to sub to gamepass because "sure it's a dollar but when I forget to cancel it it'll be hundreds" so I made him an account and paid the dollar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

fit em all up in there posted:

last code I have is for Indigo Prophecy if anyone wants that one

I'll take it, I didn't but the bundle after all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FFT posted:

Also if you use the website you can open them each in a tab so you can add them to your cart more quickly

Also, it has a cart now

faster time to cart than the switch

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Donut county was fun but I agree with everyone else in that it has no real replay value and makes me want to play katamari damacy

The real lol is that the dev thinks Hole.io ripped off donut county

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/25/17501882/donut-county-game-knockoff-ben-esposito-holeio

One is a light puzzle game with a plot and the other is a two minute score attack game that's closer to katamari

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Stux posted:

feel like the article where the devs of the copycat game boast about buying bulk installs and have a library of other copied game ideas isnt a great refutation of the initial claim that they copied a game.

Oh mobile gaming is a blight for sure

But I feel like it's a stretch to think a game with no plot that's just a score attack is cutting into the sales of your puzzle game with a plot and no replay value

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Large Testicles posted:

at least (hopefully) you haven't bought skyrim like the 9 different times they've released it

Skyrim fans see this as a good thing for some reason

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is it okay to play games I get from the library?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pararoid posted:

Is this still a thing in some countries?

I got a notification once for torrenting a PS2 Castlevania game that couldn't be legally bought anymore.

Bottom Liner posted:

Maybe nothing, maybe everything, but deciding you know everything about the story and quality therein without playing the game yourself is big farthuffer bullshit.

That's just how Games rolls. See a trailer slam decide all the plot

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Waffleman_ posted:

The rumored March PS+ games are Ghostrunner, Team Sonic Racing, and Ghost of Tsushima Legends, the standalone co-op campaign.

E: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1496523188490153994?s=20&t=YyUYbtw6OatbuNUXkKPmKQ

this has to be because of all the headlines going "march is always the best ps+ month so it's going to be a banger!" articles

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

fit em all up in there posted:

AEKBV-X6E2J-P7Z6X Replace X with H - Small World
PCBJI-QZXQP-38389- Replace X with 9- Love Letter
J444Q-Y9PY6-YA27X -Replace X with A- Ticket to ride Legendry Asia
K64IV-A7EF5-HGV0F- Replace X with F- Ticket to Ride France
JKP47-GX620-7X6YX-replace x with 0- Ticket to ride Europe
JTE8Q-CPZVB-RW4N-replace X with 6 -Ticket to ride(taken)
KY0F7-T8ZWP-TW4NX- Replace x with 8 -Carcassonne - Tiles & Tactics
E7DEZ-E5IL0-FA7EC-repalce x with c-A Game of Thrones: The Board Game
EGIC3-N4WJC-JFV6X-replace x with N Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace
E8WDV-2MK0M-YYAYX-replace x with 2 Terraforming Mars
EPI9M-3XN48-HBBYX-replace x with N-Blood Rage: Digital Edition
KPJLA-JXIG7-055E-replace x with 3-The Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game

Please let me know if you take anything, so I can edit the list

Arkham horror was taken, thanks for telling us whoever took it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I put this one into the steam app and it said success. Did not tell me what it gave though

HK4ZY-04XIM-G4R4L

Edit: GooCubelets: The Void + GooCubelets + GooCubelets: The Algoorithm

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I heard Venetica is free at GOG right now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Didn't GoG also bow down to the Chinese government when they said "no don't release that game we've put in a memory hole"?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

revtoiletduck posted:

Dang, that's one I bought on Steam a while ago, but I only put an hour into it so far.

i bought the physical game, it's only made it to a table one because my apartment was too small to comfortably play a board game that large

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

site posted:

Evil Dead is gonna be free already? lol

I thought it got slightly above average reviews? But it's just kind of yet another 1v4 multiplayer game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Signing up with an email isn't free therefore you can play anything you get

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

~Coxy posted:

Switch owners are just mad that they spent way too much money on an old Android tablet with controllers that stop working if you use them.

A buddy of mine got his steam deck and had to do an RMA because it arrived with a wonky joystick so my anecdotal evidence is both have terrible controllers

He might end up with two decks though since the first one went missing on the way back. Valve claims it was handed to FedEx, FedEx claims they never received it, and the tracking number just says label created.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

AfricanBootyShine posted:

It's more that I'd have to buy the DLC on EGS, and I (a) don't want to give them money and (b) don't have any faith it'll still exist as a platform in 10 years, when I finally get around to playing it.

Is there a reason for (a)?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

treat posted:

oh yeah vampire survivors is free on mobile now too, and it never forces you to watch ads. vampire game is up there with Doom2 and Dwarf Fortress for best game ever made and now it's free and not even the bad kind of free mobile trash usually is

but i want to give him money for it again without watching ads, i've got an absurd amount of time in the pc version and i can give him another $3

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Kins posted:

Premium games (even three buck ones) just kinda don't work in the modern mobile market, sadly.

Some mobile games still have a give money option

Bought it day one, like the characters and weapons dislike the map

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

treat posted:

Not being able to remember the password to any of the 30 government systems and webpages that I'm forced to change every six weeks is the highest form of security. No, my passwords aren't variations of ButtTsunami666HailSatan, I just wrote it that 30 times in my little notebook because I felt like it.

most of my office has just gone to adding a repeat number/special character

i'm up to !!!!!!! now and my boss is at 777777

we do not practice good cybersecurity in the office at all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lib and let die posted:

I'm not installing any apps on my phone that my employer demands I use. You can send me a phone to install an authenticator app on

One of our customers uses SAP and requires 2fa and we set it to the office phone for this reason.

IT ran a "quick upgrade" on the phones Friday after hours that took 9 hours and failed. They reverted the changes but didn't actually check to see if they worked so Monday we couldn't process any of that customers orders until 2 or 3pm

Len fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 25, 2023

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lib and let die posted:

Lemme guess Avaya phones?

Mitel

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I think it's part of that bundle of free games you got for getting a ps5 not actually part of ps+

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

whatever it was is gone now, did wario blindly tweet rumors again?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FFT posted:

I just bought Nienix, a game that left early access less than two weeks ago, that's a pretty good space ARPG/looter shooter. By default, this game which just left early access less than two weeks ago starts in fullscreen instead of borderless fullscreen.

There's no loving telling why people keep making these incredibly dunb decisions.

/e: it's got a free demo but if it's possible to move saves it's manual

Doesn't fullscreen give better performance than borderless fullscreen? I could see wanting it to launch that way because you can't be sure how it's going to run on any given PC setup

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Games Forum posted:

New Thread Rule:

If a game is free on EGS you can post it absolutely, you can discuss the game, you can enjoy or dislike the game.

You can no longer talk about the pros and cons of EGS. Either make a thread about EGS and discuss it there or try to find the one that used to exist and post there.

No more derails about EGS in this thread.
Thank you kindly all!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Guy Mann really needs to just log off and stop trying to make SA like him

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I let Ashley die without a moment of regret. Space racist? Really?

Yeah same. I would have been an 18 year old dude at the time too so "she has tits" is a lame excuse for keeping her around

I don't really remember anything about Carth except he hated that I slammed every darkside option as the edgy preteen I was

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

John Murdoch posted:

IIRC, Medal of Honor was in an actual bundle once like...8 years ago. It was explicitly an EA bundle for EA games to be redeemed on EA's client where you got exactly what you paid for.

I think that's the same bundle that had all 3 dead space games which was worth having to go through all the effort of installing a second launcher

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

apparently there are places called "jobs" that will give you little green vouchers that you can redeem for video games (and maybe other stuff?) but I will be god damned if I'm jumping through those kind of hoops.

One weird trick I learned from a coworker is you tell the government you're bartering and trading your time for their money and it's tax free. Ez pz

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Waltzing Along posted:

It's asking me to sign up for their newsletter. ie: provide them with my info. It's not like a free game on epic where you just click it and its added to your account. Having to give them information makes it, to me, not free.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

OgNar posted:

Its a weird giveaway, where you had to have one of their games to begin with then have also gotten the first game yesterday.
But it was also janky for me yesterday when I saw the first game it still showed as $10 but when I added to cart it was $0.
lol nintendo cart
https://nogravitygames.com/halloween-giveaway/

OgNar posted:

Its a promotion they do where you have to have owned a game from them first and then gotten each game in the previous days.
You can still get in on the rest of the free games if you own the games that have been given out.
Which they discount after.
https://twitter.com/NoGravity_Games/status/1715032135701029178

I wonder how many more times you'll need to post this lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I gave them my email to get a free game and then just have been rolling with it. I had to email their support though because the newsletter was broken and not sending but they sent me a key

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ZeusCannon posted:

It honestly is.

I immediately discarded any thought of those games because A i dont recognize the names and B. gently caress having to figure out a ruleset for "free" games

You sign up for the newsletter to get a free game then check back in daily, it's really not a hard concept

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://nogravitygames.com/switchmas-wonderland/

Free games on switch again

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bottom Liner posted:

did it have anything worth playing this time

The first game was a picross game

There was one that sounded like a vampire survivors but it was the slowest game in the genre I've ever played

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The timer doesn't matter.

It won't game over you but it really depends on how much you enjoy repeating the same bits over and over getting a little farther each time until you finally solve the puzzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JazzFlight posted:

There were moments where I would miss jumps or whatever, but there’s one mechanic that means you don’t need to waste “10-15 mins” to get back. Since the experience is mostly discovering stuff on your own, I’ll spoil tag it:

Waiting at a campfire can speed up time if you need something to happen at minute 15, for instance. Combine that with being able to “meditate” to die, it can take only several minutes to get back after a loop. Everything in the system is really quick to get back to from the starting planet anyway. You also learn about secret entrances and exits that can save time when you return to certain areas.

You're forgetting that mechanic isn't unlocked at the start and it's quite possible you'll go many many loops without getting it