Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

FFT posted:

Epic's new free game is Last Day of June which seems like an art project.

It's short (3-4 hours) and quite neat and charming, but after million other heart warming/wrenching casual indie adventures it doesn't feel all that special.

I already managed to forget how it ends.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

FFT posted:

It's pretty sharply discounted, but it's not free.

it was

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

THE BAR posted:

Thanks.

I never got around to actually play this or the first one.. Are they any good, if you liked the original?

Lots of people dislike it for certain old school design decisions, but IMO it's good. It's probably a good idea to look for a character creation guide before starting, though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is there any significant difference between the original version and the Directors Cut? I have the original from way back in the day but probably got about halfway through it .

quote:

What is new in the Director's Cut? Wasteland 2 Director's Cut changes a huge number of aspects of the game. Our main new features and changes include:

Graphical overhaul and update to the Unity 5 game engine.
Expanded voice-over with thousands of newly-voiced lines for key characters and scenes.
Precision Strikes system allows you to target individual body parts on enemies in combat, which lets you inflict negative status effects on them.
Perks system lets you pick bonuses for your characters as they level up.
Quirks system lets you pick a personality trait for each custom created Ranger during character creation, with a gameplay-modifying positive and negative quality.
Rebalanced gameplay, including virtually all combat encounters, weapons, loot drops and containers.
Controller support on PC and console. On PC, you can select from keyboard and mouse input, as well as Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 DUALSHOCK 4 controller modes.
There's plenty of smaller additions to be found, of course, but we'll leave those for you to find.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

flatluigi posted:

he's pulled poo poo like wanting to release bees into his office to test if one of his employees was really allergic to bee stings

Wasn't that a comedy video for their social media account?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Claim button not appearing seems to happen quite often with GOG giveaways. Just try again later.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Did anyone actually get the game yet?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

~Coxy posted:

It has appeared in my account now.

Yeah, me too.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

site posted:

say what now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_CH2we3aqc&t=81s

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 1, 2020

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yeah, not gonna happen. Those are all (old) AAA games from big studios. There might be a couple, but last year all of them were indie hits.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Len posted:

But the leakers promised me a AAA Christmas

The worst thing that happened me this year.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Portia's combat is pretty awful (even compared to other similar games), but otherwise it's quite nice chill crafting game with plenty of story content.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I've never seen goons being this positive about Torchlight 2 (and I agree. It's pretty bland and generic and probably not as well-designed as Diablo 3 and other options, but it was pretty fun to beat once).

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I should try that. Can your wife come to my place this weekend?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

davebo posted:

Is Guardian of Light 4 player too? I've played through temple of Osiris twice now with friends, it's good fun.

Just 2, I believe.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Skwirl posted:

How's the Pillars of the Earth game? I liked the miniseries and a bunch of people I know liked the book.

It's good. It's a bit more story heavy "choices matter" adventure (this time there's actually a few meaningful picks), although there's a some traditional puzzles as well.

I'm not familiar with the original material, so I can't comment how it compares, but you can tell that the characters and the setting aren't created by your average video game writer.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 15, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

treat posted:

What kind of game is Pillars of the Earth? I can't get a read on it. Is it just a visual novel?

The UI is like classic LucasArts adventure games, but the puzzles are pretty simple and realistic so it leans a towards Walking Dead type of games. There's also some scenes that are just text boxes with choices.

There's few important decisions that have pretty big consequences, but it's mostly a linear story.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's almost hilarious how terrible that scene is. I expected it being at least somewhat overblown, but it really is that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zJsWSOXBA&t=952s
15:50-17:55

Kennel fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 16, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a bot making daily Bing searches to generate Microsoft loyalty points — forever.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Xander77 posted:

I have a copy of Metro Exodus and Metro Exodus: Extended Edition on steam. Because I bought the season pass, I guess?

Everyone got Enhanced Edition, which requires ray tracing capable hardware.

I don't think you can buy it separately.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Stickman posted:

It ends at midnight somewhere!

:china: :tinfoil:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The first Yooka-Laylee is pretty bad, but The Impossible Lair is one of the best 2d-platformers I've played.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

OgNar posted:

That looks kinda cool, thanks.
Anyone play it?
It's pretty neat stealth/adventure/immersive sim, but runs out of steam towards the end.

treat posted:

Yeah, it was cute and enjoyable but kind of forgettable seeing as how I remember almost nothing about it. Animations are excellent and it really gives a redwall kind of vibe. It was either very short or I dropped it after four or so hours. I'd recommend giving it a go probably.

It's pretty lengthy (took me 13 hours).

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It's a pretty fun little puzzle stealth game. A bit like Commandos etc. but much more linear as there's barely any alternative solutions. The time rewind/management mechanics are somewhat obscure at first, but ultimately pretty neat.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I took the free game when it was posted here and didn't get Rewind, so everything seemed to go relatively fine.

The only people who 'lost' anything were those few chumps who refunded the original to get the free version and some folks who would have bought the original at the last minute if it wasn't free.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Rude to call your sister boring and pointless.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Gun Jam posted:

Quadrata

100% user score? Let's try this out.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yeah, since 2019. New on GOG, I believe.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 14, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GyverMac posted:

For some reason my brain read "funky" as "kinky" and i was both intriuged and confused

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
To be fair, they didn't expect anyone to play it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
IIRC It's an Easter egg that requires you to backtrack the entire map for no reason.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That also includes Snakebird Primer which is much easier.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's not really a spoiler if you don't know what it is.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Here are the direct links, because they didn't show as free on the main game's store page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/530760/Expansion__Hearts_of_Iron_IV_Together_for_Victory/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/584140/Expansion__Hearts_of_Iron_IV_Death_or_Dishonor/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/702350/Expansion__Hearts_of_Iron_IV_Waking_the_Tiger/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Well, half as old as the rest of the series is surely 'relatively recent'.