Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nyaa posted:

You can also open most steam game’s exe directly from the game folder unless the dev program it to require steam client.

They'll start up normally if the Steam client is running in the background, but I think most will just pop up the Steam login window if you're not logged in on the client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are those Darksiders games DRM-free, or will they require the Epic launcher to be running?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does the developer get money based on how many people download it, or just a lump sum up front? If it's the latter, than it doesn't matter whether you grab it or not.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

This stuck a second copy of the game on my Uplay launcher. The first one was from when I bought the game on Steam, and it opens Steam when I try to install it, and the new one will just install through Uplay. What the gently caress, Uplay?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm using a program called WinAuth to handle 2FA things on Windows programs, and it works with Epic's site.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What are the odds they'd just release GTA Online as a free standalone game?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Something called Sludge Life is free on the Epic Store. You can now start arguing about Epic.

The store page says the sale ends 5/28/2021 at 8:00 AM, so is it just going to be free for an entire year, or is it being taken off the store in a year, or what?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If GOG 2.0 incorporates itch.io accounts my game total on there is going to more than double.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it appears there's also an indiegala giveaway game where aliens have invaded your bathroom and you have to get rid of them space invaders-style by shooting turds out of your butt

:nws: https://dhuncensored.indiegala.com/not-in-my-crapper/ :nws:

Digital Homicide's back?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've now gone a step beyond not remembering I've bought games on Steam to not remembering receiving free games on other services. I opened Uplay to make sure the Watch_Dogs 2 thing went through, and was surprised to find Watch_Dogs 1 right next to it. I don't know how that got there, but I definitely didn't buy it. There's also six Assassin's Creed games I never paid for. My backlog of free games could eat up the rest of my life, never mind the backlog of games I've bought.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Only the vocal nerds care. The vast majority of people buy whatever the newest iteration is of what they had as a kid/yoot.

That sure sucks for people who grew up with a Genesis.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If I grab that free Elite Dangerous on Epic, I'd have to go through Epic to get expansions for the game, right? Does Frontier do direct sales on their own?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I just really, really don't want to give Tim Sweeney money.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Baby Proof posted:

Free Assassins Creed Chronicles China: https://register.ubisoft.com/assassins-creed-chronicles-china/

I used my old ubisoft account, didn't have to do anything fancy.

I opened up the Uplay client to check if I'd gotten this for free before, and not only was it there, but Assassin's Creed 2 got in there at some point along with 3, Black Flag, and Unity. I remember getting 3 for free and thinking I could tell people that the worst game was my introduction to the series, and I also remember they gave away Unity when Notre Dame caught fire. I'm a little hazy on when they gave away Black Flag, but seeing 2 in there was a complete surprise to me.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is it reasonable to think Tim Sweeney is such an rear end in a top hat that I don't want to give him even a single penny, to the point of avoiding other games made in Unreal Engine?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

fit em all up in there posted:

Hero Siege complete plus bunch of DLC
Heroes of Hammerwatch

Still available

Can you PM me Heroes of Hammerwatch?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If you sign up for Gamepass PC, you'll be downloading and installing games through the Windows Store, which is the same system that caused all the trouble with the initial western launch of Phantasy Star Online 2, and really never got any better.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I do that too, but I found that copying the Microsoft folder in it causes problems. It's great installing my old programs again and having them on the same settings like I never left them, though.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Sorry for derailing the thread even further, but apparently Microsoft are removing the folder obfuscation fuckery altogether, proving me even more wrong.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought blocking access to the games' folders was necessary because you're not buying the games. It'll be much easier to pay a dollar for a month's subscription, download as many games as you can, back them up, crack them, and cancel your subscription and let the app delete the original copies of the games.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I guess they had a limited number of codes to distribute.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Tim Sweeny is so much more public in his dipshittery it makes the thought of buying in to his platform all the more unpleasant.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Why'd they even bother to put OpenTTD on GOG if you can just download it for free off its own website?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are the bots smart enough to read screenshots of codes?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought you could just download ISOs of those games off of Bethesda's website.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

doctorfrog posted:

Technically I've already paid for and played SF2 by shoveling quarters into the arcade version, so can I play this one if I get it for free?

Do you know anyone at Capcom you can Paypal twenty-five cents per session?

EDIT: loving typos

A good poster fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 9, 2022

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How about if I already bought it on 3DS back when it was new?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I have a code for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War via GOG if anyone wants it

Sure, PM it to me if you can.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I see the game on the free section of the store's main page, but the game's page just says it's 40% off of $54.99CAD.

This didn't even happen when they gave away GTA5, did it?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are there at least mods for the standard edition to change out the Monster Energy cans?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

AfricanBootyShine posted:

It's more that I'd have to buy the DLC on EGS, and I (a) don't want to give them money and

Len posted:

Is there a reason for (a)?

I personally found Tim Sweeny's attitude when the Epic Store first started and his tactics during the Apple trial so distasteful that I actively refuse to spend money there. I've even considered extending that to Unreal Engine games on Steam because some of my purchase money there is still going towards furthering his agenda.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Can the save from the PC version of Vampire Survivors be put where the Android version keeps its save files and be loaded?

EDIT: Looks like it can.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 8, 2023

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Shouldn't this be the place to bitch about the EGS?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'd say that helps incentivize piracy, but really, navigating dodgy torrent site ads and fake download links requires at least as much effort.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

prime gaming included prey on gog, which i already own. so, have at it

Got it, thank you kindly.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've finished a game I got for free on Epic today, which is bad enough, but at one point I hit F12 to take a screenshot and got confused as to why nothing happened.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

VegasGoat posted:

Which game? Genuinely curious which one was interesting enough to start playing, and then keep playing until the end.

Paradigm. I thought a puzzle might require translating Cyrillic letters to English and there was a keyboard with keys labeled in both languages in another room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does Mankind Divided lose too much from not having any of the DLC which isn't included in the free Epic Store deal? I remember hearing a bunch of kerfuffle over microtransactions when it first released.