Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Princess Remedy in A Heap of Trouble is free to own as part of Steam's LGBTQ+ Sale if you register it to your account by noon Oct. 15.

It's the prequel to always-freebie Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Gloomhaven is very good, but you'll probably need some acclimation to the action economy because it's very easy to accidentally burn too many cards early and not have staying power for a whole mission.
The Guildmaster mode is probably a more digestible single-player mode to at least wrap your head around. The Jaws of the Lion DLC campaign is actually kind of a better starter as far as the OG boardgame goes but it's also not free.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's always been single player-able, even in board game format; enemies have predetermined behavior (modified by what card is out for their turn) where they try to go for the closest player they can without deliberately triggering traps (unless they can deal more damage by hitting more than one player in the same turn - they will always try to maximize damage). Difficulty is meant to scale to the number of players present, and you might have a better time only running 2-3 mercenaries on your own instead of a full team of 4 (if only to reduce your mental load of who's got what tools in their decks), but that's mostly going to be on how hard you want to roll. I think it's fun for an X-COM-ish board game, anyway.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

StoryTime posted:

This is one of the worst karting games out there, narrowly diving under the very low bar set by Konami Wai Wai Racing Advance.
So does that mean it's better than Mario Kart Super Circuit, then?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

FFT posted:

That's on your end. Or Twitter's end. The tweets are still up

The specific tweet linked in Waffleman's post appears to have been deleted but I assume the contents were then reposted? Maybe just a fix because Wario64 missed attaching a thread or something.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1638193945900625923

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I didn't get it, I have the oldest GOG account known to man.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Gun Jam posted:

I'm a bit confused about what game you're talking about
Might be

quote:

Starfinder Core Rulebook and Starfinder: Junker's Delight (Note - tabletop RPG book!)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
isthereanydeal says that from Jan 16-23, 2020, it was $0.00 on Steam, but I'm coming up empty with any mention of it elsewhere (including this thread).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I got it working fine through the Switch store, anyway.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

flatluigi posted:

it's currently going, and the first day is destiny 2 expansions (since the base game is already f2p)

this is why that's what we're currently talking about
They might be looking at the current countdown timer.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Donkringel posted:

Is the link broken for anyone else?
If you mean the instant claim link taking you to a blank page that just has some brackets, that seems to be normal. Go to the main gog.com page afterwards and scroll to the giveaways it should say that you've successfully claimed it without clicking any further buttons.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
This timeline completely ignores that Snoop Dogg invited him over to hang out when he was newly moved in and he dodged it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The time limit isn't overly harsh for completing the game (though far from impossible to blunder into on a blind playthrough), it's just that there are some events that can happen relatively early that remove some helpful resources (and it obviously doesn't feel as much like a golden ending if you miss out). You can totally still beat the final boss after most of the rest of the quadrant is wiped out (in fact, you can even circumvent a few quests that way).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/owendeery/status/1765032553147245010
As of the time of this posting, you can still buy the game (no discount) on the digital stores, but the free download page is already up.