Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Duderclese posted:

Dark wood is the only game I've ever kick-started and is rad as all hell. Cannot recommend it enough.

Is it better with a controller, or keyboard and mouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Urbz on NDS was good, but also pretty limited in the end game. You'll get the best apartment, you'll have all the money you need, but there's no more incentive to do anything and the item catalogue is scant.

I did do everything the game offers, though, and spent hours farming petrified wood. You just run out of stuff to do, and it's not like the regular Sims where you just start up a new character with new challenges/goals.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I played the poo poo out of Sims 1 back in the day but could not keep up with all the expansions, and eventually I gave up. I recently tried sims 4 and it's just awash with a bajillion things to do and I gave up again

The Sims 4 base is pretty much all you need, though.

I’ve heard Seasons, Pets and the Supernatural packs are good, and that seems like enough. I haven’t bought any DLC for it.

I think the Personal Interests thing can be overwhelming if you do something that goes against your interests in-game. If you like making your sim go out and party or be an artist, then trying to fulfill a Sim with Business Interests or a Sim that constantly wants to buy things, sucks. You can choose it in character design or you can take a potion (I think) to recalibrate them.

I skipped Sim 3, Sims 2 is my favorite, but Sim 4 is really fun. I’ve put in 40 hours across PC and PS5.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Never Alone is a decent story-driven sidescroller platformer with puzzles. The writing is based on Iñupiaq legends and folklore, and the supplemental mini-documentaries about Iñupiaq culture is worth a playthrough alone. The final mission is a bit janky compared to the rest of the game, but it's overall a lovely little (4-5 hour) experience.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 20, 2023

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Got a couple of duplicates and games I don't want in a Fanatical mystery bundle:

Xpand Rally
2LB9G-M*Y6I-YJ*LB
* is second letter of my name

Cubicle Quest
W55TJ-DI**N-Y*G3N
* is 6th letter of my name

Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition
JX0Z*-0*0Q3-BTVTQ
5th letter

My Big Sister
JV*W*-ZG62E-DA6A2
4th letter

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Fiesta Mystery Bundle was kind of a dud. Here's some duplicates and stuff I don't want:

If you grab something, say what you've claimed, don't be a dick.

Hook:
XLLQD-7W5G2-*ILXQ
sixth letter of my name

Paw Paw Paw:
EVYGX-5*IVQ-4NMFP
second letter of my name

Mini Thief:
*HBHW-B4XYK-Y2PM8
first letter of my name

Rebel Galaxy:
*569X-E0BBB-P53G0
fifth letter of my name

Star Vikings Forever:
EX6XZ-*YT68-7IHYD
third letter of my name

Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens
RZJ8G-FQ*YH-9WMC*
fourth letter of my name

Hermes: Sibyls Prophecy
5GGQ*-B3739-TGDXY
fifth letter of my name

Hermes: War of the Gods
6*2TB-0JN70-Q9E0Q
first letter of my name

Garbage:
QAB**-E247Y-AXDZT
numbered Nintendo console that originally had Ocarina of Time (two different numbers)

Goat of Duty:
QZ3LB-79Z5C-*TK*2
Filmmaker *ong Kar-*ai directed the film In The Mood For Love

I just wanted to win a cheaper copy of Dredge. :( Anyway, have fun.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope y'all enjoy!

Saoshyant posted:

That stuff never works. It's a gacha-like scam.

Summer Steam sale is starting in a few days (end of the month). Just be patient and you'll likely snag the game cheaper.

The first Fanatical mystery bundle was a pretty good haul, but it's been dwindling returns since. At least I can share some codes with goons.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Fanatical is doing a Rewards Week for those who subscribe to their e-mail newsletter. Free games or things every day via e-mail.

The first free game is Alchemy Garden.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New Pokemon Snap is good but it's also text heavy and tutorial heavy. I remember the OG being a "turn it on and play", and I've played 5 hours of the new one and I'm still getting stuck reading dialogue for chunks in between missions.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Free steam key for Mindustry, a management / rts / tower defense game:

PLQT*-KMQ*P-ADVYJ
Plan * From Outer Space

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

drat, I somehow missed Neverwinter Nights 1 popping up at some point.
Thanks for posting that to remind me to look.
I used to have the 6-9 or whatever disc set that had all the packs.
All in one foldout :D

For everyone else, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is free until July 19th through Prime/GOG. Link

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
6DQ7C-*JX3A-BG0*N
first letter of my name

Hero of the Kingdom
C*YM*-6*QV2-*AWYN
George Lucas presents *oward t*e Duck

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Prime Gaming's got a few decent free offerings right now:

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Steamworld Dig 2
Roguebook

Prey, which has been mentioned, is available for another 11 days for GOG through Prime, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced is a GOG claim through Prime for 6 days

They've also got Autonauts, which has really positive reviews and I guess is a solid management crafting sim game for kids?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wytchwood is the latest free Prime game:

link

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone want a key for Lawn Mowing Simulator?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ghostwire Tokyo is free on Epic through Amazon Prime Gaming.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
QUBE feels like a cousin to Portal. It's not easy to drop and pick up later, though. I played it for a few hours and had no issues with the puzzles. I took a break to play other games. I came back to it a month later and couldn't make any progress anymore. It's not a long game, but you can definitely lose your grasp on the puzzle systems. The puzzles are modular, so it's easy to finish one and take a break, but they build off of previous mechanics and expectations. It's hard to go back without that momentum.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZombieApostate posted:

I want to play Sekiro because I love From Software, but haven't yet, and my impression was that it was much more on the action side.

It's much more modular than other Soulsborne games. The levels and enemy placements are designed for stealth. You can't just run into a group and fight and expect to win, you'll get pulvarized. Everyone's approach to games are different, but a lot of my playstyle involved sneaking up on enemies and taking them down one at a time and leave the combat for bigger enemies. Levels have a lot of vertical design and you use a grappling hook a lot to get around or set yourself up for a sneak attack. The combat is heavily focused on parry and poise, so even that feels more methodical than other Souls games.

My weak analogy is the Batman Arkham games, where you could do a minimal amount of stealth in a playthrough and just punch your way to the end, or you could play the entire game as a stealth game outside of boss battles.

Sekiro is fun and good and has a lot of opportunity for stealth. You should play it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

nitsuga posted:

Gigabash and Predecessor are free on Epic Games. Looks like the big holiday season giveaways might begin next week too.

Are these any good? I don't really play online games, and I don't really get what Predecessor is. I haven't had time to watch anything on YouTube about it, either.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I put in 18ish hours on Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a solid, linear game. It's a little slow to give you every character's abilities and the end game challenge is usually just dealing with swarms of enemies, but the combat was fun. The writing and voice acting were enjoyable (but different from the movies) and I thought a lot of the locations were very pretty.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I guess I'll finally have to watch that movie, so I can appreciate what I'm missing out on when I never play the game.

It's kind of like Marvel's Spider-Man, where the characters are the same but their backstories and parts of their personalities are different from the movies.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gun Jam posted:

Hammerting Free on GOG 'till 04/04/2024 09:59 EEST.
Never heard of this game before.

I'm seeing this for $2.50, not free.

edit: the giveaway ended on April 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

April fool