Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Less of a free game, more a chance of a free game, but Moddb's been running recurring giveaways for random, unknown indie games for the last little while: http://www.moddb.com/giveaways

You need an account to enter the draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The Crew is the Ubi30 giveaway this month.

lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guys, great news, Battleborn is now free to ahahahaha

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

widespread posted:

Oh my god you're making GBS threads me right

Watch as the Battleborn thread still remains dead if true

Crosspost:

Mordja posted:

So this is far from scientific, but despite going F2P ("No it's not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" - Randy Pitchford), Steamcharts shows under 400 people playing Battleborn as of 35 minutes ago. :lol:

But hey, since I posted that, it's gone up to a whopping 719!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

widespread posted:

Well gently caress. Guess I gotta play that no- OH WAIT NO I DON'T, PAYDAY 2 WENT FREE FOR TODAY AND I GOT ALL THE DLCS

AW SHUCKS, GUESS I'M NOT PLAYING BATTLEBORN

sorry for ur lots, scrub

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Dead Space is free on Origin, still very good I'd imagine. https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/dead-space/dead-space/standard-edition

Just remember to turn off the vsync.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I liked DS2 just as much as DS1, if not more. It's the Aliens to the first game's Alien in terms of ratcheting up the action. Plus the first game stopped being scary just as soon as you upgraded some of its ludicrously satisfying weaponry.

Seriously, those two have some of my favourite sci-fi guns in video games, they're just so chunky and fun to use.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, between this and some other things, they've gotta be gearing up to announce a Sins 2 soon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Thief posted:

only 2? check out my setup:

Is that ur dick or a turd?? either way, nsfw

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Probably the wrong thread to say this in, but I'm actively avoid free games unless it's something I really want to play. I managed to (mostly) defeat my backlog, I don't want it resurrecting.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That's weird, because it came out 6 years ago. :spergin:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

GreatGreen posted:

What, you mean you don't like Gary Coleman jokes and "all Middle Easterners wear turbans all the time and are terrorists" jokes and "hey a random guy in a gimp outfit HOW SEXUALLY DEVIANT" jokes and pissing on people to make them puke then blowing their heads off with a shotgun and then seeing the puke spewing out of their neck stump as their flailing bodies writhe around in a big puddle of piss?

Ok, ok, you've convinced me, I'm downloading Postal 2 now. Geez.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Reminder that you should be playing HL2 with MMod.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kennel posted:

Wasn't that a comedy video for their social media account?

Yes, they were drone bees.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Shogun 2 (only played FOTS admittedly) is hella good. I mean, I never beat a single campaign, but that's just my history with every Total War game until Warhammer.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Also worth noting: Germany and China will be getting Knack 2 instead of Uncharted.

That's for WW2! :argh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I remember trying to play War Wind back in the day but mostly being confused.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

goferchan posted:

drat, that's what I call a Good Old Game! Used to play obsessively in middle school, wonder how it holds up

Does it ever! Definitely one of the best RTS ever made. Still has a fairly active modding community, which I posted about here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869771&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post488404755

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

HopperUK posted:

I think it was Idolninja?

Correct.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ACValiant posted:

I would love this. FreeSpace was so good. I hope theres a resurgence of the space dog-fighter genre with the star wars game coming out.

Thaaaaat looks to be PVP-focused and is even going for the e-sports 5v5 thing. Would be very surprised if the campaign was anything more than a perfunctory sideshow.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ACValiant posted:

You are probably right about those guesses. One can hope though! I backed Everspace 2 to scratch adjacent to that itch in the meantime.

Did you play the demo? It's way more Freelancer than 'Space. It's also still available on Steam, actually.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Fantasy Strike, a purposefully simple fighting game has gone F2P. Nothing I've seen about it looks very interesting but hey, there you go.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
#NotMyRocketArena

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Actually the various bigass mods are the best episode of Doom

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FanaticalMilk posted:

The Tomorrow War is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Boy, that is some jank looking slavjank.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja posted:

Skylords Reborn, a fan-run resurrection of Battleforge just came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ1DfYM7eIk

Battleforge was a card-based RTS made by the makers of the original Spellforce games that came out, like, a decade ago before eventually getting discontinued and shut down by EA. Obviously inpired by Magic the Gathering, the game features four different colours (Fire, Ice, Dark, Nature) as well as, later, hybrid factions, each with their own set of units, emplacements and spells. It's got singleplayer and co-op campaigns, PVP and a whole host of player-made scenarios and the current devs plan to support the game with new content and events. I really enjoyed Spellforce back in the day and am looking forward to diving back in! The whole thing's completely free and available at:

https://www.skylords.eu/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey, if you're gonna have one Far Cry game...well, 4 would probably be the one, but 3's a pretty close second. :v:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Quill posted:

I just recently finished TQ and it still held up surprisingly well. Word of warning though; optimization in the Atlantis DLC is downright shoddy. If you decide to buy it and experience stuttering, try running the game in DX9 mode.

I think the giveaway doesn't include either DLC.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Crime Cities is free on GOG until December 9th 6PM UTC.

Oh snap, I'm pretty sure this was the game I'd played a demo of way back when and had been asking about in the various "Anyone 'member this?" threads.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja posted:

Oh snap, I'm pretty sure this was the game I'd played a demo of way back when and had been asking about in the various "Anyone 'member this?" threads.

Actually I was wrong! it was almost certainly the BHunter demo that I'd played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5EkYSzB3b4

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ilitarist posted:

I was hesitant to call it Commandos clone because most people here were probably born after the Commandos series stopped being relevant.

Lol do you know what website you're on?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Tribes... :sigh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Well there'll be exactly one more at the end of this month...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mierenneuker posted:

No, it has a single-player campaign where you go back and forth between a rebel pilot and one for imperials, with your squadron allies that you can talk to in between missions.

It's a pretty bad campaign tho, played it earlier this year and was left disappointed.