Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mount and Blade is free on gog right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

gently caress farming simulator and the board games actually sound great but I don't want to get the epic launcher.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How does gog galaxy work? I download the drm free launchers. Does it kick from gog to epic like how steam would kick over to uplay?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

baka kaba posted:

^^^ actually it's good to point out when people are using slurs and maybe don't realise it??

it's cool, like I said I've heard it being used a lot lately by people who wouldn't say that kind of stuff (usually non-brits too), so it's extremely weird and it's apparently because of Leon Kennedy or something?

but yeah it's basically :sissies: fyi

Ponce de leon kennedy. Not the greatest before and after username.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

baka kaba posted:

ohhh ok, I thought maybe he blurted it out during an iconic scene in the RE2 remake

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not so I went with the safe joke

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Coolguye posted:

the short version is that there is a very real cost to using EGS, it's just frequently not a monetary one. a lot of people are comfortable paying that price. a lot of people are not. caricaturing the side you're not on is not helpful. now back to your free games schedule.

What's the cost? I'm not seeing it...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

VideoGames posted:

New Thread Rule:

If a game is free on EGS you can post it absolutely, you can discuss the game, you can enjoy or dislike the game.

You can no longer talk about the pros and cons of EGS. Either make a thread about EGS and discuss it there or try to find the one that used to exist and post there.

No more derails about EGS in this thread.
Thank you kindly all!

Am I allowed to say thank you to coolguye for posting their perspective? I was genuinely curious and found their post to be civilized and explained their point.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've been considering buying a pinball game but reviews always seemed to be all over the place. That's good news!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lutha Mahtin posted:

As someone who has never played any pinball simulator, except years ago when I tried that open source one, FX3 surprised me with its level of realism. It feels a lot closer to a real table compared to most video game pinballs.

It's fun but goddamn am I bad at pinball

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ring runner was okay, but didn't grab me. Could be worth jumping back into I guess.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 6, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

Isn't Aviicii the guy that made that one dude take a pill in Ibiza? Would not trust that game.

Nah I think he was trying make avicii think he was cool though.

Also avicii is dead

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PJOmega posted:

I'm amazed that it's somehow more toxic than the magic the gathering thread.

Companions are thé 2FA of the magic world.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

GTAV might as well be free to play with how much it costs to get multiplayer content of you don't want to cheat or grind forever.

Would be fun to play the single player though. I miss GTA games.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I get inverted control stick (not really but) but....... Inverted.... Mouse.....?

Yeah you put the mouse on its back and spin the trackball with your fingers while right/left clicking with your thumb. Takes some getting used to, and the switch to laser mice was hard.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Catzilla posted:

I can believe that. These things are probably planned far in advance and nobody noticed the war game was being offered around that time.
I’m also not sure how big Armistice day is outside of the UK/commonwealth.

National holiday in France

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JustJeff88 posted:

Understandable. The death toll that France suffered in the Great War was staggering. They hadn't recovered by the time '39 rolled around. People love to take the piss out of France's failures in World War 2, but it's hard to wage war when one doesn't have any soldiers.

I'm well aware, was just tossing it out there in response to the goon saying they weren't sure if armstice day was important outside of the commonwealth :p

end of ww2 is a national holiday as well

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can't imagine the french would care much for vj day

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Skwirl posted:

creating an account isn't required to view the forums, so they didn't have to give anyone their email address.

Worse, they chose to pay 10 bucks for this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This steamworld game is pretty fun. Terrible name though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JustJeff88 posted:

I could tell just by looking at it that it was basically a single-solution puzzle game where the player hits quick save/load more often than the left mouse button, but any game that gets that good of reviews has my attention.

Speaking of entertaining derails, I was thinking about which game I want to see on GOG most of all. I used to say No One Lives Forever, but even moreso I want to see the complete Magic: The Gathering game from the late 90s. It will never happen because Hasbro wants people to play their BS, pay-to-win, somehow-legal-gambling Magic Arena, but I would pay £100 for that game happily. I still have my discs, but I can't get them to run.

There are ways to get it to work. Have a look on youtube I know there's a tutorial. Forget what I did to get it running

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ahhh forgot to get call of juarez

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Please don't turn this thread into the loving gbs/d&d/cspam China threads with whataboutism.

Talk about free games

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Schiffbruch was a fun survive on an island game. The rescue was randomly decided and the first time I played my dude got saved like 2 days in so I barely interacted with most of the mechanics. It was great

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Enemy territory is a great game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What is bad rats?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fextrafile and fandom are both utter garbage as wikis

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

elf help book posted:

I feel comfort when reading a gamefaq and realizing the author mixed up left and right

The lovely fandom and fextra wikis are awful for this. That and vague descriptions of things to use for navigation. "The third large rock" doesn't help when you're on a gravel beach

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

did we talk about how wolfenstein enemy territory is free on gog right now?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Might've always been freeware but maybe recently added to gog? I played it in like 2006 and it was great online, even on 56k

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nerdook made some drat good flash games back in the day. Cool to see they're still making games

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i'm tempted if we can get some sort of goonfield kart race going

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Tarn Adams has been developing dwarf fortress for 20 years and for most of that he has been doing it full-time, releasing the game for free, with recurring donations as his only source of income (first paypal and later patreon).
He owns

I haven't played dwarf fortress in years but I love that it exists and is essentially one man's life's work. The short documentary interview thing with him from a few years back was pretty cool.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

this is a very silly game. I still yell "do a goal!" at football matches

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fallout 4 was fun as a generic run and gun shooter.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Air Skwirl posted:

Can you safely ignore the base building if it doesn't interest you at all? Because it doesn't interest me at all.

you have to save one place, but can build a load of defenses in it and leave it alone forever. you're not mandated to take over any other base I don't think

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gun Jam posted:

:siren:Got free keys for:
Tainted Grail: Conquest
Agent in Depth
The Amazing American Circus
Arcade Spirits
Death Squared
Doughlings Arcade
Doughlings Invasion
Guns & Fishes
Hack 'n' Slash
Hyper Gunsport
The Inner World
Lust from Beyond - M Edition
Meow Express
Monaco
Non-Stop Raiders
Orbital Racer
Planet TD
Project Chemistry
Quadrata
Rym 9000
Soul Searching
Soulblight
Stacking
Starfinder Core Rulebook and Starfinder: Junker's Delight (Note - tabletop RPG book!)
stikir
Symmetry
Ticket to Ride
Worms Rumble
X-Morph: Defense Complete Pack
Ultra Street Fighter® IV
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Could I get Monaco if that's alright? It seemed kind of interesting

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Didn't they also argue with literal developer of the game ropekid about it?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I liked the mod that made the legion and NCR fight each other more in the wasteland, and added a city they were fighting over. Fallout 4 was kind of fun for that because you would often wander into random factions fighting

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

OgNar posted:

Its a very well done hunting game.
I'm not really a fan of games that sell a cheap base game and nickel and dime you with DLC, but I got it cheap awhile back from Humble and have enjoyed my time in it.
Not sure whats going to come with it, but if it has at least a few of the maps or gun packs then its a good game.
Even the starter map is pretty good.

The only DLC that I think are 'mandatory' are the hunting blinds, 4x4 and maybe the tracker dog.

I wouldn't even really consider those mandatory. They do offer some QoL though. The game is great and I sunk a ridiculous amount of time into it before my computer died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How does the amazon prime gaming thing work? It keeps saying to download their gaming app/program