Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Lovely Planet is a game made by white people that is trying so hard to pass as a kawaii Japanese game that it has kanji in the logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Zoo Race is priceless.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If you check your game licenses in Steam it lists Episode 1 of Batman as something you own.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't know how long they've had it but Chrono.gg, an online game store that sells one game on sale every 24 hours, has a loyalty program now where you get coins that can be redeemed for free games for signing up for the site and then getting daily payouts for visiting the site with bonuses for meeting 3/7/14/30-day consecutive visits. You get 750 coins for signing up and while you get about 20 coins a day the random streak bonuses can give you hundreds of them if you're lucky, I was able to get up to1000 coins (enough for a copy of One Finger Death Punch) in my first three days.

Sorry if that's somewhat out of the purview of this thread but compared to the usual dance of Facebook likes and affiliate links it's pretty painless, and while a lot of the stuff they get is kind of poopy they occasionally get some good deals.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

~Coxy posted:

Uh, I just activated the key and got Viscera Cleanup Detail? What the heck?

Shadow Warrior comes with an exclusive demo of Viscera Cleanup Detail where you clean up after Wang.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Killer Is Dead is free on Humble Bundle!

It's a weird anime action game from Suda 51 that I didn't like but maybe you will!!!!!

I know a lot of Suda51 fans didn't like it but I'll definitely go to bat for Killer is Dead, its core character action gameplay is some of the most competent of anything his team has put out and aside from a really gross dating minigame that is thankfully only mandatory once to unlock some subweapons it's just the right level of weirdness to be interesting without being completely impenetrable. Also the soundtrack is by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) and is pretty cool.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Coolguye posted:

is that colonel sanders doing a kamehameha

That's a planet.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Coolguye posted:

The Bureau is a reasonably good game in its own right, actually. it just should never have had the XCOM name.

The original version of it that they scrapped looked like Prey only in the suburbs instead of on a space station, right down to the black ooze monsters assimilatong.material objects and the retrofuturist modernism of the designs. I wish we could have gotten that instead of a mediocre budget copy of Mass Effect's tactical combat.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Layers of Fear is free on Humble Store.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Free Games and Worthless Takes

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If you somehow don't already own Jackbox it's a fantastic party game, the gimmick of everyone playing via the web browser on their phone/tablet/laptop is unbeatable for pick up and play in a casual environment.

Zesty posted:

Why is that?

The protagonist is supposed to be a send-up of adventure game protagonists being assholes but it misses the mark so badly that it just becomes a misanthropic slog. Probably the most infamous is the puzzle where you sell a black woman into slavery to replace an organ grinder's pet monkey.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

treat posted:

Or I can Windows key+E my way to C:/Games, browse my library organized any way I choose, and launch whatever I want to play from the install folder the same way I always have. Launchers are DRM, that's all.

The remapping WSAD to arrow keys of launching games

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

greententacle posted:

What's that from?

Fallout New Vegas, if you ever turn on Mr House that's what he actually looks like deep in his sanctum. He really was telling the truth about not being a computer pretending to be a human like anyone genre-savvy would immediately guess upon first seeing him.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bardeh posted:

I played 2 and a half hours of Thimbleweed Park this evening and I like it! I wasn't expecting it to grab me, but it's fun. I could do with fewer of the extremely blatant 4th wall breaking self-referential jokes though. Game really likes to bash you over the head with them and it detracts from the atmosphere overall I think.

The game literally has an option to disable annoying in-jokes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Yet that doesnt turn off the games awful ending.

Both Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island are series that have had plots and endings that were meta fourth wall breaks about the fact that they were video games so you're about three decades too late to complain about a Ron Gilbert game featuring them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Warbird posted:

There is a disturbing lack of Cave Story in the recent discussions.

This is the thread for free games that used to be not free, not free games that are now commercial products.