Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Still less irritating than the Frobisher voice :colbert:

I will not stand for such slander against Robert "Zbrigniev" Jezek, genuine Canadian American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, like... it sort of works because Frobisher learned to be a Bogart-like detective by osmosis but boy howdy is it annoying.

Whether you like the Holy Terror is entirely whether the child voice is creepy (it was for me) or silly (as it is for some people), and that's okay. It's a matter of taste and neither viewpoint is wrong, and like all Big Finish, the reason it works so well for some is that it took a huge risk.

I'm a little of both columns. Holy Terror is the audio where I jumped fully on-board the Big Finish fan train*, but I still think the child's voice is a tad goofy.

*also when I jumped on board the Colin Baker-is-awesome train. Catching Terror of the Vervoids on PBS as a kid in the early 90s didn't leave me with the best first impression.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Just listened to "Dalek Empire" part one, episode one, and liked it a lot. How's the rest of it?

I last listened to it almost a decade ago so memories are hazy, but I remember it taking some really crazy turns once the Dalek's plan is revealed. Some of them I liked, some of them I thought were just weird.

And yes, as was said before it is a very different genre from what you might be used to in Doctor Who. It felt more like Blake's 7 overall. Blake himself is even in it!

• Locked thread