Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gnarlyhotep posted:

I remember before Franco was a mod, like 4 or 5 years ago, he was a funny as hell guy

he was even irreverent, and the mods probated him (kinda like me)

but something happened during that time when he was a mod

something evil

he warned u... warned u.... u..... wanrned....:pumpkin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i remember when franco tried to fit in with night crew. doesnt he watch heartfelia and poo poo??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cram it up ur balls

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spanish Manlove posted:

ahahahaha you talked to me on steam and insisted I talked to you on mumble, so I did and answered some questions about modding but you obviously were too drunk to remember the one thing I told you: the posters suck and you could do a huge thing by dissuading the bad, hateful people from posting. But instead you did the opposite and coddled them, causing what you see now: where joy is gone and a misanthropic group of dorks run the show.

So I would report things to help, and you ignored them, so I just reported things to spite you and hoped that someone would do something, so ralp had to step in and take care of it for you. Then you started having slapfights with ralp because he would mod GBS for you and you got butthurt about that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Applewhite posted:

You know what I don't think is cool? Mensa. It's a good thing there are no Mensa members around to contradict me!
teehee^_^

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
weirdo frogger

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Enfield posted:

oh yeah whys that

fuuuuck i like ur av

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Applewhite posted:

I bet that it's because being a mod (or cop or other rules enforcer) puts you into regular contact with the very worst examples of any given population to the point where in order to stay sane you begin to see everyone in that population as an offender who hasn't been caught yet, or you become a moral relativist.

its like cops being a mod is literally like being a cop

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VideoGames posted:

You're under arrest pal!!!!

hey man i dont agre w/it but u do the most dangerous job in the planet. respect.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
does anybody still have that pic of francos bathroom or whatever? the one he took for like totally no reason guys ha-ha totally random but the mensa literature is juuuuuuust in frame?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a cybernetic organism. thin skin over a metal endoskeleton.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Don Tacorleone posted:

But mods are glorified php scripts, at best they'd be I dunno Paul blart mall cop

:jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Don Tacorleone posted:

You keep flinging this poop, good man

You can see an example in the Swole thread 2nd page with Ralp theorycrafting about the forums and duplicate threads hmm yes I'm so close to solving the Forums Theorem hrrmm

At this point Ralp's so deep in, I doubt he'd consider he's been loving it up for all the wasted time it would imply

i think my time (invested in exchange for zero money) in a place i am universally disliked has been well spent. my accomplishments are as follows, sorted by date

• Locked thread