Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a starwar betamax posted:

Ok so I made a mistake and put this in the wrong thread and the admins will be moving it soon but in the meantime please lets keep this to GBS MODS ONLY....

Oh, you. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hell Yeah posted:

suck my balls franco

Post a picture of them, please.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

No there are lots of kinds of good threads. But yeah, bad threads should be gassed. "BUT WHY??" You ask... well, not just to keep Gibbs clutter-free, but also to let people know what kind of thread we're looking for.

Here's the kind of stuff I've been gassing:

Threads where the OP is just a couple of words or a single sentence. When there seems to be no intention to start an interesting discussion or to be anything beyond a one shot "joke". Usually these are easy to spot because they have something to do with farts, poo poo, buttholes, peepee, poopoo, cucking, dicks, etc.

Threads where the OP is just "haha look at this youtube video" or "haha look at this picture" usually everyone has already seen the video or picture in question when their grandma liked it on facebook so its kinda redundant to have it here.

Neato threads with nekkid babes for jerkin' and tuggin' with your pals at work.

Mean spirited, uncreative attacks on other GBS posters. Usually this consists of a screen cap of a forum post where the OP totally OWNED some other person.

Here is stuff I HAVE NOT been gassing:

Threads where people are legitimately wanting to discuss things like: gamer gate, doobies, fat people, politics, cop violence, twitter, whatever.

Anything that seems to be fostering legitimate, or humorous discussion, while abiding by the handful of rules we have round here.

atta boy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's more like when Luke Skywalker was training, went into that cave, fought Vader, and when the mask blew up it was Luke's face under the helmet.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thanks for reminding me about that... still waiting on franco to upload the fix!

it's done.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

I tried the reward system (I even rewarded you with some socks at one point). It doesn't seem to work as well as negative reinforcement, unless you're willing to put a ton of work into it (thinking up challenges/rewards/fun trinkets). Maybe that's where you will succeed. I know you have the potential to be great, I just hope you also have the stamina to keep it up after months of these people's crap.

Bro I warned you, I warned you.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jukeboxblues posted:

Shut the gently caress up

I'm here for you, is there something troubling you? It's ok to talk about it. Just pm me if you don't want to over share.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

lazy joke, nearly a catchphrase, not funny, encourages suicide, A+ all around imo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

stfu you stupid piece of poo poo

:razz::zoid::shopkeeper::hf::pizza:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

what is your role here exactly? what is your purpose? i used a starving hyena analogy but i think you actually think you are someone worth listening to, which shows a shocking lack of self-awareness on your part.

PIctured left to right: starwars, ralp, and me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
:wal: wooOOoooo, make the hostile trash posters stop posting wooOOOoooo

:stat: then there wouldn't be anyone left to post!

:wal::stat: doh-hohohohohohohoho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

you seem like a real piece of poo poo

get ready for breakfast, bitch.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Enfield posted:

jesus christ dude

yeah talk about a face melting joke

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Enfield posted:

for some reason i expected this sort of joke to be beneath you

gotta keep them guessing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

who? guessing what?

deez

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

jesus franco, just stop

drat it's a little early for the gnarly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

shouldn't you be in bed, it's a school night

You're surprisingly sober for a school night

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
hold onto your butts it's a no holds barred slapfight hoo-rah

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A misanthrope posted:

this is like bum fights

only instead of a hamburger it's, well, nothing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

you wish

yeah, I get that now

I warned you when you first started but you didn't listen, I warned you... warned you... you... :spooky:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

man I don't even know what the gently caress you're talking about

shortly after I started as a mod you had that big dox thing and you desperately asked me on steam to help you out, which I did

then after you stepped down you started putting in reports with "gently caress you gnarly" as the reason

you're a weird dude

ahahahaha you talked to me on steam and insisted I talked to you on mumble, so I did and answered some questions about modding but you obviously were too drunk to remember the one thing I told you: the posters suck and you could do a huge thing by dissuading the bad, hateful people from posting. But instead you did the opposite and coddled them, causing what you see now: where joy is gone and a misanthropic group of dorks run the show.

So I would report things to help, and you ignored them, so I just reported things to spite you and hoped that someone would do something, so ralp had to step in and take care of it for you. Then you started having slapfights with ralp because he would mod GBS for you and you got butthurt about that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a hole-y ghost posted:

spanlove what size cut are you getting from the filipino kickstarter.

420%

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's funny how the only one who's actually trying to get the worst of the worst to stop posting is a FYAD IK.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

lmao yeah ok

You really don't remember talking to me on mumble once? Were you really that far gone? How do you not remember the dumb little coaching session I had to do?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gnarlyhotep posted:

No, I don't, but why the hell would I want to talk to you sober

Jesus christ dude, being a regular blackout is one of the most white trash things ever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's not cool, it's not LMAO, it's loving sad. it' as sad as begging a dude to coach you on internet modding until he finally does and then you remember because you blacked out drunk.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm just going to frank grimes it up for a bit until the new guys see the light

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hogge Wild posted:

franco, was it you who got me this av after i compared you to another mensa creep?

I don't buy avs and the custom titles I gave out were cyan. You just suck enough for someone else to buy it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

it sounds like everyone pretty much sucks, except for you. why do you come here again?

to laugh at your funny jokes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Helical Nightmares posted:

Fun fact: I have never seen a successful practicing engineer, postdoc or academic science professor or military officer brag about a mensa membership.

it's more of a social club than an honors society :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Applewhite posted:

Yeah we worked that out for ourselves.

yet people grow turgid with rage trying to fall over each over for the sickest burn on the dumbest thing, iterating on nothing

• Locked thread