Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gently caress da Mods posted:

gnarly hotep was by far one of the worst mods.

also another fuckign terrible mod: a Senior Woodchuck

Senior Woodchuck was the duck tails guy right?

Gnarly was a fine mod. Because he was a stable person. Also he probated Spanish ManpleaselovemeGBS for a while which was refeshing.

Also I haven't seen genesplicer make a wrong move. Maybe I appreciate his choice of username more than a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Ahem. Hoverboards

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Suggestion: we vote one of Issac's goats for next gibbis mod.

Issac must make the goat overlord a nice sash or something.

Goat treats are mandatory.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Can the goat decide to probate or not probate people for 6 hours by having two pieces of paper put in front of it and whichever it goes to eat first is the choice it makes?

My thoughts exactly

Or Issac puts username tags on several goats and whomever wins king of the hill gets probated/banned/immunity.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

I tap Vendagoat.

I tap Prodigal Sorcerer targeting Vendagoat. Actions resolve in reverse order. Vendagoat goes to the graveyard.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

I'd like Total Hours Logged In to SA under each posters AV

This

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'll let you in on a little secret

Everytime Franco reported someone, no matter what the outcome was, I always ended my report with "gently caress you Franco"

Nobody outside the mod forums knew that until now

How many reports per month did the fuckwit send in for GBS. Ballpark.

For full disclosure how many reports per month did I send in.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Did the Star Trek O'brian thread get goldmined?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Fluo posted:

Na its just pretty rich you of all people to rip into Franco when you were worse

You are loving insane.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

Just ban Efftronica and cut the forum death threats in half.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

make it perma

Sure.

If Lowtax wants a fundraiser he could offer to perma Franco "Here are some suggestions on how to mod I need to send you via Steam."

Franco you are making Something Sensitive look really good right now.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Fun fact: I have never seen a successful practicing engineer, postdoc or academic science professor or military officer brag about a mensa membership.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

social vegan posted:

let that sink in drat

:negative:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Isaac Asimov and Buckminster Fuller were members, but I think Mensa members who have made useful contributions to society are the exception, rather than the rule. Most of the names on Wikipedia's "list of notable mensa members" are pretty lackluster.

How could you not name Asia Carrera as a luminary? Her contributions are world renound sir :colbert:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Oh of course... How could I forget her many inventions! Too numerous to list here, of course.

60 plus entries in her filmography. :sun:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

yet people grow turgid with rage trying to fall over each over for the sickest burn on the dumbest thing, iterating on nothing

We know you have this massive void you need to fill with attention.

Its simply that you are not funny and really loving creepy in general, specifically in the "girl goons" threads.

Edit: oh thank god thank you starwars betamax.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

XMNN posted:

does caring too much about the forums and shaping it in their own image drive bad mods crazy or do they care too much because they were crazy to start off with

Ozma was crazy to start with.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

this is where every one of them goes wrong because instead of a forum they like to read that needs some fresh air its always some forum that they already dislike, and instead of a few cutesy ideas or contests they envision some fundamental overhaul and pursue it with all of the zeal and smug self-righteousness of a missionary trying to civilize an island full of butt-feathered savages, and when it inevitably turns out that the savages are quite happy with their butt feathers and their fart jokes thanks and gently caress off please then they get pissed and sail away from fart joke island despising it even more for being ungrateful as well as terrible, and never at any point get hit with that flash of insight that says there's better ways to waste your time on the internet than messing with things you never liked to begin with

:perfect:

Need buttfeathered savage gangtag pls.

Actually need a "g" word in front of buttfeathered savage for GBS.

Edit: "gang" buttfeathered savage really doesn't have a ring to it. Lacking a certain je ne sais quoi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

XMNN posted:

does caring too much about the forums and shaping it in their own image drive bad mods crazy or do they care too much because they were crazy to start off with

Speaking of shaping poo poo in an image; if you like cosmic horror in the vein of lovecraft and want poo poo-shaping as an essential element of the backstory, try the short story Bulldozer by Laird Barron!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070YQT4A/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

:eng101:

• Locked thread