Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
for posters with anime avs and impure blood i propose a siort of "final solution" if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rambling Robot posted:

what would hitler had done about the quite large furry population in germany, were he alive today?

:gas:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

to secure a glorious future for our forums we must exterminate the animes

i wrote down my whole plan when i was in jail. here have a copy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a starwar betamax posted:

No there are lots of kinds of good threads. But yeah, bad threads should be gassed. "BUT WHY??" You ask... well, not just to keep Gibbs clutter-free, but also to let people know what kind of thread we're looking for.

Here's the kind of stuff I've been gassing:

Threads where the OP is just a couple of words or a single sentence. When there seems to be no intention to start an interesting discussion or to be anything beyond a one shot "joke". Usually these are easy to spot because they have something to do with farts, poo poo, buttholes, peepee, poopoo, cucking, dicks, etc.

Threads where the OP is just "haha look at this youtube video" or "haha look at this picture" usually everyone has already seen the video or picture in question when their grandma liked it on facebook so its kinda redundant to have it here.

Neato threads with nekkid babes for jerkin' and tuggin' with your pals at work.

Mean spirited, uncreative attacks on other GBS posters. Usually this consists of a screen cap of a forum post where the OP totally OWNED some other person.

Here is stuff I HAVE NOT been gassing:

Threads where people are legitimately wanting to discuss things like: gamer gate, doobies, fat people, politics, cop violence, twitter, whatever.

Anything that seems to be fostering legitimate, or humorous discussion, while abiding by the handful of rules we have round here.

nope sorry this is very reasonable but its not good enough because MODS MODS ARE BAD ARGHHGhfHhgghhg

-- signed, the average rabid goon

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

I am angry.
ANGRY ABOUT MODS

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

ive always found the best mods are the ones you dont notice. kind of like an offensive lineman in american rules "football". you dont notice them until they gently caress it up and get your quarterback concussed and then the backup comes in and he loving sucks because he was drunk all week and didnt give a poo poo. now its his time to shine and he is hosed too. so he throws a pass off someones head and gets a pick 6 and your team just lost the loving superboal. now you have to wait like 2 weeks for the season to start again so you get into heroin and start hanging around with hookers and charlie sheen and OF COURSE you contract the deadly AIDS virus. great. no insurance, you are kicked out of your apartment because you kept setting the carpet on fire because you kept falling asleep with cigarettes in your mouth and all of the oily rags. so now your on the street. you accept your fate and walk in front of a garbage truck.

you lost me at "football." can you please use a video game or star wars analogy??

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

not right now probably

no problem i will remind you later. right now take it easy and have a good night man. you been working hard

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

genespilicer is a good man and a good mod but he is very old and out of touch with the modern youth culture we need to attract thats why i suggest he dye his hair and start riding ska boards

you two balance each other out. young an wacky vs. old and responsible

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

I am 32 years old

me too :hfive:

but we are young compared to the splice man

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

oh i see we're a "these people" now

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jukeboxblues posted:

Shut the gently caress up

you seem upset, friend

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jukeboxblues posted:

I am always upset thanks to Obama.

same, but replace "obama" with "chronic alcoholism" :(

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

social vegan posted:

I'm voluntaring here officially to mod any Gbs threads about banjo kazoo the video game

i will mod the banjo tooie subforum

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

are you guys like, mad?

usually i am, yeah

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

only specific threats should be bannable

like lets all get torches and pitchforks and meet at starwar's place in _______ to do wha tmust be done

edit: what applewhite said

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Fluo posted:

It kind of gets tiresome having to clear your inbox for the 4th time that day from the amount of spam PMs effectronica sends. Some is holocaust snuff images others just death threats. Dude needs to take his meds

lol his rap sheet: http://archives.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=176390

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

social vegan posted:

hi gbs mod here social vegan just 2 update everyone the new default avatar will be

thanks now if u don't have an avatar or have the default avatar i'll ask that u pay for the change as a sign of goo faith thanks a bunch my friends

i would like to sumbit an alternative default av for your consideration thnk you

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

this is like bum fights

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

social vegan posted:

i wonder who wins the swig of used mouthwash

we should both swig some used mouth wash right now because whatever happens, we win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

when screenshots from this thread show up on somethingsensitive i want this to be part of it:

gently caress YOU SS DIPSHITS

(pls dont dox me)

• Locked thread