Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a starwar betamax posted:

gnarly was a good man

he was one of the best mods this site has had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i seem to have misplaced my goldmining button, so could someone else goldmine this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760639&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post455134699

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
You are a good and an efficient mod, a starwar betamax.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
starwars you should try wheelchair racing

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'll let you in on a little secret

Everytime Franco reported someone, no matter what the outcome was, I always ended my report with "gently caress you Franco"

Nobody outside the mod forums knew that until now

lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Grody posted:

i demand to know what happened to my thread about my pedophile neighbor

you got owned

edit: i tried to post in that thread, but i couldnt. my guess is that i can still see it because its in my cache or something, but it has been moved to the mod forum or removed from the forums

2nd edit: no wait its in the comedy purgatory

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 23, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
stop making GBS threads your pants fluo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

They told me beforehand and I said I absolutely wasn't interested and it would be a bad idea besides. Then they made me one anyway and in the space of two hours there were five new GBS threads about me and QCS was in an uproar and I was demodded an hour later without exercising a single mod power (except to visit the mid forum).

I wish I could have gotten a custom grenade icon for my troubles.

you could have at least given me a 6h

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

I was gonnaaa!! They demodded me before I could.

An Applewhite probie would have been a serious collector's item I tell you what.

drat right it would

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a starwar betamax posted:

Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

Imo they should be permabanned, this site would be better off without people like Effectronica. I don't remember anyone ever making a fun joke with the premise of "I will kill you!". Many goons are mentally ill and they have killed people before, even if goons usually just kill themselves.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gnarlyhotep posted:

man I don't even know what the gently caress you're talking about

shortly after I started as a mod you had that big dox thing and you desperately asked me on steam to help you out, which I did

then after you stepped down you started putting in reports with "gently caress you gnarly" as the reason

you're a weird dude

lol sounds like franco

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

whoflungpoop posted:

Franco writes 12 volume instruction manual on management aspects of a fart joke forum, bequeaths it to most ungrateful successor

lmbo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gnarlyhotep posted:

regardless of anything else, all Franco ever posted in the mod forum was how he hated GBS

he made a thread about how GBS was terrible

I tried to help out in that thread, but he was dead set on being some kind of martyr

ahahaha he's such a drama queen

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
franco, was it you who got me this av after i compared you to another mensa creep?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

The mensa forums are even worse.

imagine a forum where everyone is like franco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Helical Nightmares posted:

Just ban Efftronica and cut the forum death threats in half.

make it perma

• Locked thread