Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

wayne curr posted:

So how many women are involved with Bitcoin?

In the mathematical terms buttcoiners are so fond of, the number of women involved is an imaginary number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

actually it's good/funny

It's like the surprise ending to zombo.com.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This thread has given me a new appreciation for buttcoin, primarily through the incredible perfection of the term "Dunning-Krugerand."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

whoflungpoop posted:

This thread makes me very angry but I can't stop myself from posting in it

Translated that for you.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Darth123123 posted:

You just shut this dead thred down bro

I do not consent!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

"

Today we discovered a security breach that requires us to halt all trading on Bitfinex, as well as halt all digital token deposits to and withdrawals from Bitfinex.

We are investigating the breach to determine what happened, but we know that some of our users have had their bitcoins stolen. We are undertaking a review to determine which users have been affected by the breach. While we conduct this initial investigation and secure our environment, bitfinex.com will be taken down and the maintenance page will be left up.

The theft is being reported to — and we are co-operating with — law enforcement.
"

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/08/03/bitcoin-bitfinex-75-million-stolen/#gref

"Bitcoin exchange platform Bitfinex is reporting the theft of what some users are saying is as much as 119,756btc — or about $65 million in cash."

How exactly are they determining that cash value? Is that 65 million in Monopoly money? An equivalent amount of gift cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yes, only if we give ourselves brain damage while trying to fold proteins... to help brain damage. Then the circle will be unbroken.

Just dump liquid nitrogen on the floor - you'll be fine.

• Locked thread