Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

My Q-Face posted:

Didn't the value of a bitcoin block work out to be the same dollar amount as the cost of the electricity to mine it in the first place? So whatever they're making in Bitcoins, they're having to pay to the electric company, so :lol: what income?

They steal the electricity, or their parents are footing the bill... 100% PURE PROFIT, SHITHEAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Tricky D posted:

All this bitcoin talk is reminding me of one of the greatest posters on bitcoin talk: Dank.

Dank was a perpetual burnout who had a dream.

His sound cloud is still up and running btw.

Was that the one who wanted a bunch of money so he could trip balls and claim the Randi Prize?

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Some Aussie has come forward as the mighty Satoshi

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Debate Me Please posted:

no offense but why do people still care about this

Because idiots are funny

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Wow, it's like buttcoin, but with videos.

Totally gonna destroy YouTube.

https://lbry.io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Fleve posted:

They were doing an AMA on reddit that pretty quickly revolved around questions such as "[...] what is the point of such system?", "How did this get funded?", and "Sounds like a money grab, how much of the half mil is going to your pockets?"

Aye, that's where I found it. Rightly abused.

• Locked thread