Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hamster huey and the golden kamui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have jumped into golden kamui pretty much blind except knowing about it being set in the early 1900's and I have been hoodwinked into reading a cooking manga!!

This thread should be called "golden kamui: encountering the majesty of nature, then eating it"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's crazy that this is only 20 pages a chapter. Each one feels like a 40 page monthly with all that's going on all the time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a comedy series with brief bouts of intense, grotesque seriousness

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In the newest chapter, shiraishi makes a friend

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Vol-007-Ch-065--The-Immortal-Beast?id=311988

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those are some gross nips indeed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
those were the two most metal chapters ever

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Seafood posted:

This has probably become my favorite series in active circulation.

it's up there for sure!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Vol-008-Ch-071--A-True-Artisan?id=323546

this is jesus loving christ over and over: the chapter :stare:

especially those last pages, gently caress

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

toasterwarrior posted:

this manga is fantastic, and to me it feels like a tarantino flick in japanese comic form because of the historical setting, brutal violence, detailing of mundane crap, and quirky/badass/utterly insane characters

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
loving right they did, it's amazing it went that long without getting licensed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HouseofGlass posted:

Congrats on getting licensed! We're still going to work on it though, since otherwise you'll be stuck waiting years for the next chapter!

Speaking of which:

http://bato.to/reader#9eb0b75a7152e91d

I sincerely hope that somebody, somewhere sees that it got licensed and decides to begin their GK experience by reading this chapter.

this is the best series. I absolutely expected a knock-down drag-out fight between them from word go. But no, instead we get a horrific fashion show and dance routine. I loving love this stupid series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Vol-008-Ch-076--Kane-Mochi?id=329535

While I'm a bit done with mortally wounded guy monologuing and finishing just in time to die cliches, this was a really good one of those at least. It was obvious, to me at least, that that's how it'd turn out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
shiraishi is the runaway best character in this series

literally

Decebal posted:

I'm not a big manga reader (I found this one by mistake), the few series I went through and liked were Berserk, Vagabond, Dragon Head and Desert Punk , but does anybody think Asirpa is annoying as hell ? The overall quality is so great and it's sand that she spoils everything.

" I'm a new Ainu woman for a new generation" but still won't try anything that's different (all the miso/poop stuff ? ) and pushes her line of thinking on anyone without taking any advice. What and irritating know-it-all. Every time she's around I root for Lieutenant Tsurumi or Hijikata. Everyone gets hurt by bullets and animals but not her. At least a scratch or maybe an eye out, please mr. mangaka !

The story and art are awesome though and I can't wait to see what adventure they'll have next!

nope

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Golden Kamui has that One Piece type of atmosphere where even during unbelievably dark, dramatic, or action-filled moments, it still finds time to fit in some comedy. It's so good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Some good ol'-fashioned mook slaughterin'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is a chapter made almost entirely of pivotal pages in a given chapter, but just one right after another

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Punkin Spunkin posted:

lieutenant Koito
new favorite character

that was a cool lupin-like air battle

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really, really hate the prevalence of photoshop filtered real photos for backgrounds these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Ch-101--Second-Lieutenant-Koito-Gets-Scolded?id=372655

I fuckin love golden kamui so much you guys