Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I made it through page 3 and the op is handling the onslaught very well so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Page 7 and op has kept his cool in the face of non stop insults. He really must be Canadian :D

I hope it works out for you but when I was in Toronto everything was expensive as gently caress. It would not be my first choice to open a business

On the other hand, maybe then people won't balk at paying $10+ for late night street food.

Your positive attitude is disarming. Good luck n god bless

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

HoAssHo posted:

This thread has reminded me that I haven't made pancit in years and I don't know why, so I'm cooking it this week because it's real good.

Do you have a recipe you could suggest?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

YOURFRIEND posted:

One time we had a restaurant that did this in our small town. They changed their menu daily depending upon what ingredients they could source from local farmers.

It failed miserably. People have a particular meal in mind when they want to go get food typically, nobody wakes up and says "im gonna eat whatever locally sourced organic garbage i can get ahold of today". If someone brings their friend their expecting delicious churros(or whatever they have in third world country) and you just don't have churros that day then you've got two disappointed people who won't be coming back.

Lol plenty of restaurants change their menu every single week depending on what's good

I'm guessing the issue was your hick town and not the restaurant itself

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

HoAssHo posted:

This is the recipe I used to make all the time. I'm sure it's not the most authentic but it's good as hell and real easy and fast. Also, fairly healthy. From looking at other recipes online it looks like you can change it up, adding carrots and garlic, using chicken instead of/in addition to the pork, etc. There's not one official way to make it, basically.

Pancit

1 boneless loin pork chop (6 ounce; about 1/2 inch thick), thinly sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces uncooked rice noodles
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 hard-cooked large egg, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped green onions

Directions:

1. Saute pork over medium-high heat in skillet coated with cooking spray 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Add sliced onion and pepper; saute 4 minutes or until onion is soft. Remove pork mixture from pan, and set aside.

2. Soak rice noodles in warm water for 5 minutes, and drain. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat; stir in noodles, and saute 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; cook 2 minutes, tossing to coat. Add cabbage and paprika; saute 1 minute. Add pork mixture; saute for 4 minutes, tossing frequently. Top with egg and green onions.

Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 2 cups).

No kidding? I figured there were all kinds of exotic spices in there. THanks for sharing friend

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Whoa and it's open again.

This Canuck's cool calm facade is beginning to crack

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Neophyte posted:

Let's see:

(1) six month time limit until a new startup niche-in-a-literal-niche restaurant has to make a profit (two years operating expenses should be your minimum cushion btw)
(12) or more hr days together sweating over deep fryers and rotting meat in a cramped cubbyhole
(negative) net wages a lot of the time since your revenue that day/week/month didn't cover expenses
(0) real management experience
(0) financial backup
(possibly 0) other workers? loving lol two people managing everything full time?

Mix it all together, add in plenty of sleep deprivation and stress, stew in your own juices and voila ! A perfect recipe for divorce!
Serves: you (right)

Masterful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
For some reaons I sympathized w the fellow all the way up until he started whining in the Toranto thread:

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Yeah so once my fiancée came across and read the thread in which she was repeatedly called an ugly transvestite and I was repeatedly offered money to allow her to be raped, the same one a representative of this paid site repeatedly thought was so hilarious that it must continue, I had to kinda ask myself; Do you, doc, like talking about baseball and and uberchat enough to want to want to be a part of that kind of culture, your thread or not? Is there any venue where a reasonable person could argue that the onus was on me to assume that by posting something online I was inviting that level of abuse, especially to my loved one's appearance race and sexual orientation and especially when I repeatedly tried to stop it without making a big pissy fuss?

Hilariously, despite our weird hive mind here, the answer is no. Amazing how a moment spent trying to explain to a normal person "no, those aren't rape threats and crushing insults, those guys just think they're funny" that you kinda sit up and realize, nope; whether or not free speech protects SA, and whether or not the creepiest posters were given whopping 6 hour probs, I am not gonna be a part of a community like that. Thank you Toronto thread for your support.

Despite the popular opinion, I have a business to run. See you in the spring.

THats some good ownage piled high I tell ya what

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Yeah and the way she was dressed she was just askin for it right

That kind of defense literally doesn't matter in any meaningful way past a certain point.

• Locked thread