Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
Do you have any relevant business experience for a venture like this? I'm talking about department head or MBA experience, not some cubicle warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Dr. Tommy John posted:

That thankfully that dude got his own place up the street and is gone forever.

No, but we've been lucky to have access to a pretty amazing mentor.

What is the relevant business experience level of the mentor? Also, a mentor can't replace inherent knowledge you learn yourself so if you don't have any business administration knowledge I would suggest you start looking into that before you open up shop. Relying too heavily on one person will be your downfall.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
Also, whether or not you're intending to dodge questions or not, there are a lot of people asking you the right questions and you aren't answering them terribly well. When you are planning a huge business venture like this you want people to punch holes all over your business plan.

You keep dodging questions about bank loans. Why? You don't need to be super specific. You realize you could start smaller and it won't kill you. Or maybe focus and push another aspect for quick cash, such as catering. On that note, what are your projected cash flows? How much business do you expect to receive? What about advertising? Where is your revenue stream going to come from?

Edit: ok you started answering some of the questions

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Dr. Tommy John posted:

This got reopened eh? Alright, lemme address a few things.

First up I didn't report anyone, no one who's been worth taking seriously has offended me or my delicate sensibilities after years in this degenerate paradise.

Second, I am not going to go into the particulars of our financials, but basically we got grant loan funding (which is an actual bank loan) for one plan, that plan fell through, and another opportunity presented itself that was better, but more expensive. Due to the terms of the subsidized loan thing, it made sense to try something like crowd funding to avoid some of the pitfalls that could arise from borrowing too much of our startup capital.

If you don't support crowd funding and see us as beggars or opportunists or entitled millennials, I am not here to refute your world view. I legitimately appreciate all the actual feedback about our business plan and we are taking the concerns about the menu to heart and figuring out how to address that. Thank you guys.

To people sure we'll fail because restaurants or because Kensington, again, not here to change your mind, but I appreciate that feedback and I've been here long enough to not exactly get too hot under the collar on these boards.

Filipino food is seriously great, and it's not all unapproachable.

And we did not appear at riot fest, but it's very possible you were one of our customers this year, we served a few thousand orders.

Thanks guys, most of you are the good kind of dicks, some I could take or leave, but I'm not the dick police.

I wish you good luck with your restaurant and wedding goonsire

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
lol that poster calling his fiancé a tranny mentally broke him

his restaurant is going to fail and he's going to get cucked by a french canadian somali indian fusion chef, truly a fate worse than death

• Locked thread