Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Sounds like a great idea OP and I for one think this is something that GBS can really get behind! Coincidentally, what do you think about Star Trek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP can you explain trinidadian-philipeno fusion cuisine?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

how me a frog posted:

I remember a time when poo poo like this would have been an instant ban. That was before Ozma ate all the cheeseburgers and collapsed into herself to form rogue black hole. A fine state of affairs this is.

Umm... the OP isn't begging. He's inviting us to join him and his fiancee in an exciting business opportunity. It's another opportunity for us to affect real change! Goon generosity never ceases to amaze me.... weather it's buying life jackets for our boys in uniform over there, of building houses for hurrican katrina victims, or buying pants for that one guy in LF!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP I got some questions but watch out, a few of these are real ZINGERS!

1. What is your favorite spring roll filling? Mine is mac n' cheese
2. You met your fiancee on imgur, the online image hosting website, can you tell me how I can go about finding my true love on imgur? For reference I'm in my 30s, my apperance is unsettling to women, and my family is dead.
3. Will you be offering Mac n' Cheese on your menu?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

you look so incredulous

What is that first little icon on the banner next to facebook and twitter?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i think it's Outlook but i don't know for sure

Ok thats what it looked like to me too. Whatever it is, itss very polite of them to put those on the banner. That way if someone is looking at the banner and they wonder, "I wonder if tio rons has a twiiter account?" They can see the twitter logo, right there....on the banner!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Azerban posted:

itt someone compared kensington market and manhattan fuckin lol goddamn

What aare those two things?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Efexeye posted:

If there's one thing you should keep in mind when visiting Kensington, it's that there is no local Starbuck's. This is a very friendly but very protected enclave where vegan cran-apple muffins take the place of Big Macs and anyone who so much as says the words "double mocha venti" might get into trouble if the wrong people are listening. While it can be a great place to bring the kids and spend a day exploring the world, this is not a shopping mall. It's gritty, it's real, and it's organic.

lol

haha yeah gritty is a good description of cran apple muffins! No wife I don't care if their good for me i just want so oreos! WOMEN!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Parallax Scroll posted:

gently caress you op

Looks like his life is doing a well enough job of that already

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Jesus this was enlightening I had no idea that was gender specific. Thank you.

German is weird like that :science:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP I'm going to donate dollar later this evening if I can get my paypal account unlocked (long story.......:argh:) so what cool prize do I get for my donation? I'd like a tee shirt if I get to choose. do you have anything larger that XXL?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Microwaves Mom posted:

OP which one of you is Tito?

You know thers a lawsuit that if paypal locked your account or some poo poo you get money from them.
Should check it out.

I'll have to look into that because a little cash right now would be really helpful......

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alan Smithee posted:

id like to hear this story

Let's just say sharing your paypal account with your unemployed and severely depressed son isn't such a good idea...................................... :stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alan Smithee posted:

yikes, how much damage?

To my heart or to my pocketbook?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

dev286 posted:

Maybe you'll be like Seven Lives and make a butt load of money selling super on trend food (seafood tacos! Something Toronto had never seen before)

Or maybe it'll be like 75% of the places that open in the market that are just a bit off the mark with their trend predictions and forget that Toronto is a conservative, provincial city that loves safe consistent food options.

But good luck to you. It's hard work. If it takes off it could really take off, eh?

I'll say that I've never tried Filipino food but your descriptions make me want to give it a shot. Maybe it's something that needs to be explained.

PS once you're up and running PM me and I might be able to hook you up with some morning show producers for a segment (maybe, no promises)

I assume you do this already, being a goon and all, but it would be really cool if you could sneak in some goon refrences on the sly..... let any SA-goon listeners out there know whats up..... get the goonmunity on board!!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

in nfl rookie camp part of the orientation stuff is how to manage their money and what not to do with it and the first thing they tell them is DONT OPEN A RESTAURANT IDIOT

What if it is Foot-ball themed?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

especially not football themed *shakes head emphatically until blurred vision emerges*

Menu items have football related pun names????

Touch Down Nachos!
Umm.... football... soup

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP what are your stretch goals because I hope they including "stretching" your dollars because holy moley 8,000 doesnt seem like it will go very far!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP I thought we might need a special menu item to sort of comemorate GOONVOLVMENT in this project.. I was thinking something with vienna sausages?? Maybe a vienna sausage in a spring roll and hot sauce packets on the side? Just spitballing.

We could call it the goonroll

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I made it through page 3 and the op is handling the onslaught very well so far

I think it shows he has the sack to make it in the cut throat world of egg roll restaurants.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
So can someone tell me whhy phillipeno food smells like microwaved dog food?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Same.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

spectres of autism posted:

shoutout to other to goons itt

Do you have stares in your house???

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

op closed his thread yesterday and hasnt been back since because even being mocked is like too much work and he already did work for a year and its time for him to have his odd smelling dream financed for free by others

Hows his kickspurter doing?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP I've got my wallet out ready to donate here but I'd really like to see an HD video of you speaking tagalog first...... just to make sure you are on the level

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Full disclosure I cannot say anything that isn't the name of a food or like thank you and hello and poo poo so that video is likely to be pretty offensive

:stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

genesplicer posted:

Thought about it, but couldn't think of anything that was thematically appropriate and wasn't icky. So I just probated his rear end.

All I want is an HD video of him making an eggroll while repeating the handful of tagalog words he knows over and over.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

swbm could u please let the op keep his thread closed?

His last few replies cracked through my bitter eggroll shell and I felt a glimmer of pity for him............. but then I remembered how bad phillipeno food was

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

im sorry i didnt mean to suggest to him to do something (close the thread) if it meant that he would get probated, i figured since no one banned him for even posting it that the mods really didnt care

it was the one piece of advice he took :(

It's your fault his suffering continues.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Noyemi K posted:

OP keeps closing the thread and trying to run from everyones reasonable criticism of his rock-stupid loving idea

He's tried closing it 3 times......its like that scene in the revenant where leonardo decaprio keeps trying to crawl away from the bear and it just keeps mauling him more and more

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
In the revenant, did that bear make doodoo on decaprios head? I can't remember.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I want to say that for the record that I think making fun of the OP for his life choices is wrong. If anything, we should praise him for his courage!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Alright, I'm back from my cat vacation and would like to say a few things. Gimme a sec.

Ok.............................................................................I hope they are in tagalong

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
He's a quarter of the way there goons! Let's give this couple the old goonologic tip o th cap and a leg up! You know the old saying, "give a man a goon and goon him for a day....but teach a man to goon and he will goon for the rest of his life"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP I went to your kickstarter for he first time just now and I notice your holding two plates of egg rolls and there is some sort of wierd goop spurted all over them? What gives?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP you lost me with the well analogy..............

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
If it'l make everyone feel a little better I'm going to go back and hand out probations for all the posters who said rude things about his fianceee

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Unless g-splice has already done that since he's the responsible one around here.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

social vegan posted:

im opening a restaurant where i serve jamaican patties but with pizza filling i've ben thinking about it for a week who in/

Donated 20 bucks... goon luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

i see you're active in the toronto thread but i didnt look thru all the posts, have you invited toronto goons over for free samples yet? if not u definitely should, because they seem supportive of u and the best way to not look like a bum when asking for money is to give something of value first, and to a well targeted audience so you're shooting fish in a barrel instead of casting a wide net over the plastic trashflats of manila bay.

also im not actually this much of a oval office i just thought it would be fun to combine shitposting with roleplaying a Shark Tank investor. which turned out to be very cuntish. but you're an excellent writer and kinda look like tony romo and thats cute. anyway good luck and do whatever it takes to make ur fiancee happy and proud to be a part of yalls (hopefully) long venture :j:

Did you have a micro stroke?

• Locked thread