Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Dr. Tommy John posted:

That's called longanisa and your life just became richer at breakfast time.

Also that's pineapple iirc

But you're not sure? Some chef you are...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I have a question. How are you fit to run a business if you can't even be bothered to pick a tag for your begging thread? That's not even business 101 that's posting 101 and you done goofed. You need to take a cold hard look at your financials and abilities, and then make a reasoned decision whether or not to go forward with this. Assume an existing restaurant. Would anyone ever, put you in charge of that restaurant?

Do you know about taxes, health codes or the industry? The flavor of the month is just that. You may think indonesion cuisine is the thing right now, and you may be right, but what happens when "authentic" fusion whatever ethnic cuisine is the next one. Can you weather the storm? Can you retain customers on the basis of whatever is on sale at the markeet that day. I have a market next to my appartment. Everything is on sale every day. You are not even embracing your target hipster market by refusing to buy things hat are on sale but not in season.

YOU. WILL. FAIL.

Do not have idiots online finance your doom. Stay gainfully employed and move on. When it's your money you're pissing away on ARE DREAMS try again, but seriously don't .

You are not going to be the one success story. You will be the latest bead in a long string of failures. Because business is hard, and for every 20 people who try 19 fail, and none of those begged for a leg up online. Are you loving joking?

Finally and most importantly, how do you feel about frogs?

Here is my naysayer opinion: this will crash and burn and you will lose your fiance over it. If you love it don't try to live the American dream. That poo poo is dead and gone.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I have seen this exact poo poo so many times, even before kickstarter was a thing. It is not even funny. It is exploatative and it should be stopped, but then again a fool and his money are easily party.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

I hate yankees posted:

Do you have any relevant business experience for a venture like this? I'm talking about department head or MBA experience, not some cubicle warrior.

Hey now dude with the same avatar as three olives, he has an ETHNIC FIANCÉ, and flippo quisine is on the upswing accoring to his assessment. What more do you want? He is willing to quit his job for this! An idiot wouldn't do that, would he now?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Also isn't there a rule against this, or does literally anythign go now?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I remember a time when poo poo like this would have been an instant ban. That was before Ozma ate all the cheeseburgers and collapsed into herself to form rogue black hole. A fine state of affairs this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

a starwar betamax posted:

Umm... the OP isn't begging. He's inviting us to join him and his fiancee in an exciting business opportunity. It's another opportunity for us to affect real change! Goon generosity never ceases to amaze me.... weather it's buying life jackets for our boys in uniform over there, of building houses for hurrican katrina victims, or buying pants for that one guy in LF!

Sorry Sir. I see my error now. You will forgive me, will you not? Sir? Or Madam. Is that the right word? I'm not presuming anything, English is not my first language and I was not taught the proper honorific for a woman in power in my publicly funded school. Any guess I might make cold be wrong.

I think the counterpart to Sir is Madam, but that might be because of sexism.

• Locked thread