Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
what the gently caress?

no

go to a bank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
what kind of lovely entitled generation is this. you had a job. work to save up money to open up your hot dog stand that way. wtf

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
20-Something Millennial Believes He Should Be Able to Open a Restaurant, and That Other People Should Pay for It for Some Reason

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Man With Literally No Difficulties in Life Seeks Crowd-Funding Instead of Working Towards His Dreams

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Millennial Chef Seeks 8-Thousand Dollars, In Much the Same Way His Parents Would Give Him an Allowance

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Cut some of our potential menu items until profit pays for equipment upgrades over the modest pieces we own from the last year. Rely entirely on word of mouth marketing and stow away extra capital to survive the not-projected-for fallow period. Brand less aggressively to start.

We've put enough into this to open the doors in March and sell the things we sold all summer, but the full concept will have to be implemented gradually.

Would you like to address the popular opinion that you're, "A Big Entitled Baby"? And also the statement "what the gently caress have you ever done to deserve a free 8 thousand dollars"?

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I'm a white straight male so no, I'm not looking to refute the fact that my life is really easy and that crowd funding is a concept that is incongruous with bootstrap conservatism.

But we live in an age where you can reach out to those who support your vision and get to take advantage of an opportunity that previous generations would have had to let slip by until they did more work. All you have to do to chase that opportunity is be willing to ask.

You're stuck on the idea that were ignoring other options and not trying to use everything we can to address some unexpected problems in a much larger plan that was quite literally bootstrap conservatism over a period of a year of hard work.

loving lol. you're everything i thought you were. "A whole YEAR of hard work"

maybe earn something for once in your life.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Dr. Tommy John posted:

We earned the money to open this location by selling my Filipino fiance's Filipino food. We were more successful than we anticipated thanks to a lot of hard work, and we found ourselves with an offer that was too good to let pass. It meant we'd have to swallow our pride and ask for help to make it happen the way we envisioned, but it also meant that we'd be a year ahead of our projected timeline if we could somehow find that funding.

I cannot in good conscience argue that we deserve your support, but the hot takes here centering around my entitlement are a little strong. If this kickstarter fails we will still be doing this, largely thanks to the hard work you all keep suggesting we do and to the fact that we did actually save the money from our regular jobs to make this happen, but is it really so dishonest to try to use a platform that exists for ostensibly this purpose? Our entire campaign is essentially a stretch goal, but what exactly is evil about that?

and quite honestly, the timing of Filipino food as a trend is tough to pinpoint. A big community came up in SF, a few hot places opened in NYC and Toronto got an incredible fine dining spot downtown. I'm not sure burrito places will start adding adobo and menudo to their menus, but I doubt we'll be the only Filipino food in Kensington for very long.

no really i have this greta product its so good dont ask why i cant go to a bank instead of beggning for money THE PRODUCT SELLS ITSELF trust me ive been doing this for 1 whole year this begging platform used for people who can't get ahead is meant for us to shave a little time off we're not exploiting the generosity of others if this doesnt happen the important thing is that we have no accountability to anyone oh no my one weakness a critic

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
post your tranny wife's tits and i'll spot you a fiver :twisted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
it should be used for paying someone to break your kneecaps

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
sorry that was harsh. sorry.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Fojar38 posted:

there was probably a better forum to post this in than gbs

COUPONS FREEBIES AND GREAT DEALS!!!

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
you're kinda nice im sorry i was rude but dont come into MY HOUSe and START BEGGINf for CaSH

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
if the OP sets up a kickstarter for him to take some Posting Lessons, i will donate to that

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Efexeye posted:

If there's one thing you should keep in mind when visiting Kensington, it's that there is no local Starbuck's. This is a very friendly but very protected enclave where vegan cran-apple muffins take the place of Big Macs and anyone who so much as says the words "double mocha venti" might get into trouble if the wrong people are listening. While it can be a great place to bring the kids and spend a day exploring the world, this is not a shopping mall. It's gritty, it's real, and it's organic.

goon project: burn Kensington to the loving Ground

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i got probated for saying something mean about your wife and for that I'm sorry OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

jackyl posted:

cool, mission accomplished

• Locked thread