Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

buttcrackmenace posted:

Jaw hit desk at vacuum actuated hydraulic motor mounts

More common than you think. I know Honda has used them since the 90s on the Accord, and a lot of Toyota 1MZ-FEs got them too.

Elmnt80 posted:

Caddy also experimented with a water cooled alternator on one of their engines in the late 90s to early 2000s.

Tell me who you trust less with that poo poo, caddy or vw?

A bit longer than that - they started in 1992, if I remember right (Northstar engine family). The Northstar was used all the way up until 2010, but I have no idea if they ever got away from a water cooled alternator in that time.

edit: huh, a bit of digging shows it was 98-00 only

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

literally a fish posted:

Honda have used active motor mounts https://www.hondarandd.jp/point.php?pid=73&lang=en but theirs are electrohydraulic not vacuum hydraulic

It's used as a part of their Variable Cylinder Management thing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_Cylinder_Management) that lets them run a V6 as a V4 or a V3. Active damping on the motor mounts stops the engine from jumping all over the place in 4cyl and 3cyl mode

They used them on the plain jane 4 cylinder Accord too, but only on the automatic - and definitely since at least 1998.

Not sure if it was only the USDM Accord or the global Accord (which was sold here as the Acura TSX). And they're vacuum operated, not electric, on the 98-02.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

scuz posted:

I am the bass player for the Right Here (fb link). We play 99% original music and rip off Merle Haggard, Roger Miller, and Ricky Nelson for the other 1%. :clint:

I'm diggin this.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That website alone makes me want to take my car to them for stuff I don't want to do, and those are some downright good prices.

Brake system flush for $30? gently caress doing it myself at that price. And it's something I've been meaning to do for the nearly 4 years that I've owned my car

quote:

Are there payment plans available?

Yes. You can pay some up front when you drop off the car then you can pay the rest when you pick up the car.

Honesty at its finest. :allears:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's the same size my F-150 came with. :stare:

• Locked thread