Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

symbolic posted:

what's a good character to play if i just started playing? i unlocked up to Plant and made it the farthest with Fish (3-2) even though i forgot he could roll.

random

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

symbolic posted:

what's a good character to play if i just started playing? i unlocked up to Plant and made it the farthest with Fish (3-2) even though i forgot he could roll.

Crystal is great to start out with, the extra health and the shield are both really useful. Her Throne Butt mutation that "upgrades" the shield into a teleport move arguably makes her harder to play, though, so you may wanna avoid it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I used Fish up until I unlock YV and now YV is my best friend

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

symbolic posted:

YV secret ability makes him the best character. Mash the B key :woop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My faves are YV and Steroids but you need to reach the throne to unlock steroids anyway.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

My faves are YV and Steroids but you need to reach the throne to unlock steroids anyway.
eh you just need to beat Lil Hunter but that's the biggest obstacle anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

eh you just need to beat Lil Hunter but that's the biggest obstacle anyway

Oh whoops, that's chicken. Which I never got very good at playing

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

In Training posted:

i miss the time slow secondary :( the new secondary is not ninjy at all :(:(:(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Chicken is just visiting the jungle isn't it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I'm an idiot and could t remember right.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Robot seems like a good noob guy cause you get better guns + more hp recovery / ammo

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Source: Am a noob

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

You're thinking of Rogue (beat throne) and Rebel (loop throne)

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
yung venuz is so cool

gun godz was a p fun game, someone even got it patched to work on w8

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

yung venuz is so cool

gun godz was a p fun game, someone even got it patched to work on w8

link2patch plz

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm trying Crystal and i've been close to reaching 4-1 pretty much every time, which is cool

i still keep forgetting i can shield tho :sigh:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you get to the jungle?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Take last wish (or whatever it's called that gives you full health and a bunch of ammo) as a perk at some point before 5-1, then there will be a flower you can donate health to and if you do it a few times and a portal opens up to the jungle

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

Take last wish (or whatever it's called that gives you full health and a bunch of ammo) as a perk at some point before 5-1, then there will be a flower you can donate health to and if you do it a few times and a portal opens up to the jungle
so that's the thing i killed when i finally made it to 5-1

whoops

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to be a badass to do the jungle. It's the hardest level in the game IMO before looping

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The jungle seems pointless except for getting the chicken unlock though. But not as pointless as the oasis which seems to make everything worse by gimping your weapon drops for the rest of the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is there any point in going to the ninja turtles sewer except to hope for some health drops

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

goferchan posted:

The jungle seems pointless except for getting the chicken unlock though. But not as pointless as the oasis which seems to make everything worse by gimping your weapon drops for the rest of the game

oasis is good for reducing the number of dogs in the palace though v:shobon:v

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Is oasis the world 1 area? Because I actually spent a lot of time running that skip with steroids just so I could practice the labs a bunch and have each run be like 5 minutes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is there any point in going to the ninja turtles sewer except to hope for some health drops

every level you visit (i think this even includes the crown vaults) ups the difficulty (# of enemies that spawn) but also ups the potential quality of weapon drops. for the most part i think the benefit of getting better weapons sooner outweighs extra enemies in a level, so you wanna hit side areas when possible.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

goferchan posted:

Oasis is practically mandatory to unlock Plant's B skin. Also useful for making Melting's B slightly less of a pain.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like to spam the Oasis because it makes my run short and I'm hugely unlucky on drops usually anyway. I have Golden Crossbow on crystal so if I get a good second weapon that's enough to get me to lil hunter and usually throne

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I got to 7-2 with Steroids today, it's the farthest I've ever gotten

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I love the bouncer smg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

I love the bouncer smg

The bouncer shotgun is my favorite bullet weapon except for the heavy assault rifle or quad machine gun

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i really like the heavy crossbow, and i managed to kill Lil' Hunter with it on my first-ever encounter with him

too bad there were about a hundred other things aiming for me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
reading this posts, feeling liike playing the game. maybe i will

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rediscover posted:

you should

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

rediscover posted:

I reinstalled it because of this thread

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i miss the time slow secondary :( the new secondary is not ninjy at all :(:(:(

its not nearly as op as the time slow was, but its actually still pretty good because you can throw weapons through portals.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:toot:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I got a blood weapon for the first time ever, they're real cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the heavy crossbow is very good and cool and kills everything so i'm happy

• Locked thread