Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I die frequently to his annoying death animation because even when I'm a screen and a half away he'll somehow zip over to me and explode before I can react
yeah sometimes there's just so much stuff being poo poo all over the screen that you just get murked helplessly. I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

I feel like Im either out of the groove and die on 2-1 or make it to the throne

im still bad at this game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i h8 those assassin crowbar fuckers. hoLY poo poo how am i supposed to see them thru a billion slowly moving dog bullets and rockets fuuu

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i h8 those assassin crowbar fuckers. hoLY poo poo how am i supposed to see them thru a billion slowly moving dog bullets and rockets fuuu

look better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

look better

they're easy to see on their own but not when there's a bunch of poo poo everywhere

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kill them before the dog wakes up from his nap

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ones in the jungle are way worse

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is there any reason to go to the jungle other than to unlock chicken, the underwater zone let's you level skip and the pizza sewers have health + are really easy, what boon does the jungle have

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it has higher cursed weapon rate or something? Idk I never go to jungle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I looked and the only reason for it is that you can reroll a perk because you replace last wish on the way out

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

excuse me i've beaten dungeons of dreadmoor, skyrim, and rogue legacy multiple times

:worship:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i finally beat Lil' Hunter for the second time and somehow didn't take any damage despite fighting him in a hallway

that's gonna be the only time i ever manage to do that probably. at least i unlocked the roidmonster since i didn't die right after beating him this time.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

The ones in the jungle are way worse

i got to the jungle and made it thru my first time idk how tho. i think i had an autoshotgun with the wrists thing and got lucky cuz it was hard to tell what was going on lol . nOT sure why u'd want to go back tho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i got to the jungle and made it thru my first time idk how tho. i think i had an autoshotgun with the wrists thing and got lucky cuz it was hard to tell what was going on lol . nOT sure why u'd want to go back tho

A true gamer seeks extra challenge

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just beat this for the first time. Always started random, ended up winning with Steroids, carrying the Hyper Slugger and Assault Slugger.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just beat this for the first time. Always started random, ended up winning with Steroids, carrying the Hyper Slugger and Assault Slugger.

Congratulations, Gamer.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Now, time to loop.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat lil hunter thanks to the seeker shotgun and the honing crossbow mutation

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i beat lil hunter thanks to the seeker shotgun and the honing crossbow mutation

Bolt Marrow is really good regardless of bolt weapon you use

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bolt marrow is extremely good. If you pair it with something strong, fast or scattery and run about as YV hitting right-click you kill everything and never have to aim

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Bolt Marrow is really good regardless of bolt weapon you use

i always pick it if i see it even if i don't have a bolt weapon :o:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i always pick it if i see it even if i don't have a bolt weapon :o:

yeah. but early on i take rad extender range hope i get more lvls up/chances (:pray:) for homing bolt who did you beat throne with??

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

White Genocide posted:

yeah. but early on i take rad extender range hope i get more lvls up/chances (:pray:) for homing bolt who did you beat throne with??

i have not beat it yet i died on 7-2 after i beat lil hunter w/ fish i think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

how does gamma guts work it seems like there's a cool down but it still kills enemies that do damage on contact like the spiders and the slip n slide ice robots ?-?

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i have not beat it yet i died on 7-2 after i beat lil hunter w/ fish i think

right. my bad. you will. lil hunter is harder than throne sorta lol

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

how does gamma guts work it seems like there's a cool down but it still kills enemies that do damage on contact like the spiders and the slip n slide ice robots ?-?

no cool down i think cause when u use crystal special antthing touches u usually dies

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

You don't take damage if it kills an enemy outright, it's one of the best mutations. It isn't super obvious how it works though so I avoided it for the longest time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

White Genocide posted:

no cool down i think cause when u use crystal special antthing touches u usually dies

With it I've beaten sewers where I only fired a gun to take out the big rats. If you're quick enough you can even kill assassins with it lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

You don't take damage if it kills an enemy outright, it's one of the best mutations. It isn't super obvious how it works though so I avoided it for the longest time

it's a bit confusing cuz like i've had it but get killed by rats but the i had a decent run going and spiders and robots were hopping on me and they straight up died instantly. probably good for the jungle as well since a billion things try to run at you ?-?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

it's a bit confusing cuz like i've had it but get killed by rats but the i had a decent run going and spiders and robots were hopping on me and they straight up died instantly. probably good for the jungle as well since a billion things try to run at you ?-?

Did you have scary face in that run? Apparently that's the key to making gamma guts really good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I think the way gamma guts works is that if the contact damage kills the enemy, you take no damage. If it's not lethal for them then you both get hurt. Pretty sure if you have gamma guts + scary face you can safely run into any enemy in the game

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i am pretty sure that gamma guts was nerfed in one of the last patches such that it's only active if your moving

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's everybody think of hammerhead, I never take it because there's usually more immediately useful mutations but it seems like it could be really effective if used well

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

GorfZaplen posted:

What's everybody think of hammerhead, I never take it because there's usually more immediately useful mutations but it seems like it could be really effective if used well

i never pick it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

i never pick it

you should. it's possibly the strongest mutation

being able to create a safe corner at will is really, really, really good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I take it unless I'm playing Crystal, which is most of the time

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I only take it if I'm playing as Melting

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

its a great way to burrow the hell away from the chaos of lil hunters death

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

hammerhead is extremely strong, especially when looping. the spawn area is usually the hardest part of a level and hammerhead protects you from getting completely hosed. also lets you get away from vans if you are stuck in a horizonal corridor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i thot those plasma dog things in stage 7 weren't too bad until one jumped on me and did 6+ damage oops

• Locked thread