Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
was gifted this the other day, got around to playing it earlier today and it owns
i usually play as steroids, got to the throne twice duel wielding melee weapons but got chunked by the huge laser cannon

lil hunter isnt that bad if you pack a decent melee weapon like the shovel, one time he showed up i had an energy hammer and it basically just one-shot him
then the little fucker flew into me while screaming/dying and exploded my rear end to smithereens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't need no bread
I don't need no home
Just everybody dead
And my Nuclear Throne

me kill you outta nowhere
me kill you all alone
me kill you in the face
for ma nuclear throne

I Said No
May 21, 2007

In Training posted:

ok im not alone in thinking that all of the crowns seem to offer way more downsides that upsides

i think that's supposed to be the point
they're not really powerups so much as a "this will gently caress your life up" option

I Said No
May 21, 2007

I kinda wish you could reliably pick skeleton and frog from the start, especially the former (i know you technically can with the latter)
reliably getting melting that far through the game is pretty dicey

best combo with melting is throne butt + impact wrists though, every stage becomes a horrible mosh pit

I Said No
May 21, 2007

best trick with hunter is to stay in his face
if you go too far away from him he starts using the slugger that fires really fast lines of bullets at you which is by far his hardest trick to dodge

I Said No
May 21, 2007

every time i pick chicken the RNG just straight up loving decides its time to ruin me, like i get poo poo for weapon drops and start every area in a wide open exposed space
just havent ever had any good runs with chicken because of totally external poo poo, it's loving weird

I Said No
May 21, 2007

In Training posted:

There's a series of holes in my wall for every time pop gun drops past 2-1

pop gun isnt that bad though? pop rifle is lovely but gun will get you to at least the palace before you need something better

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

holy poo poo the ninja turtles say the colours of their headbands when you kill tyhem

I love there's just a regular rat enemy in there with them, Splinter is important :kimchi:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just beat the cursed crystal caves on my first ever visit which is cool but uh what's the point in going there

to get your rear end murdered by splitting spiders and instant death teleport crystals
i actually feel accomplished as gently caress every time i beat the cursed caves because i die more often than i don't if i end up there

I Said No
May 21, 2007

there is little worse in nuclear throne than hearing WOOOOOOOP BZZ BZZ and not being able to see where the sparkly poo poo is

I Said No
May 21, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

The weekly seems completely insane

what the gently caress :stare:
it's melting with crown of explosions, armed with a blood hammer
is that even randomly generated, that's about as sadistic as you can get

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

someone actually used jackhammer?!!!

is it good?

jackhammer is almost a hard counter to lil hunter, it owns

I Said No
May 21, 2007

if you think IDPD are bastards early in the game wait until they show up later on
still not as bad as those gorilla robots in the snow city though, gently caress those things

I Said No
May 21, 2007

picked up and played today again for the hell of it, think i'm able to consistently get to at least the crystal caves on loop 1 now, often the labs
hope this isn't where i plateau off, poo poo gets absolutely insane

I Said No
May 21, 2007

in the late game open ground is probably the most lethal thing you'll encounter so hammerhead is pretty drat helpful yeah

I Said No
May 21, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

the trick for lil hunter is to just go apeshit on him with your strongest gun as soon as he appears. he has very little HP

the best runs are ones where you find a powerful weapon just prior to meeting him and completely beast him in one shot the second he lands
super bazooka, super crossbow and energy hammer are good candidates

I Said No
May 21, 2007

extremebuff posted:

so big bandit randomly popped up on 1-1 and???

you wanna see some really crazy poo poo?
try beating big dog with a cursed weapon

I Said No
May 21, 2007

does bolt marrow enhance splinter guns at all
i like splinter guns but the mutation just doesn't seem to make them work all that differently, seekers and regular crossbows i definitely notice though
it doesnt affect heavy crossbow much but just lol to using that janky thing

I Said No
May 21, 2007

the lovely thing about switching characters is muscle memory fucks you over
a bullet is coming towards me i'd better shie- oh whoops just ate my shotgun

I Said No
May 21, 2007

what's the best ultra for YV anyway, i normally take the fire rate one but i don't honestly notice it that much
i'm usually torn on most ultras once i get to that level, i had an insanely good run as rebel once from leveraging one of the ultras but i don't remember which

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I made it to the sewers on loop the other day and got killed by 2,970 projectiles and have made my peace with the fact that I probably won't ever do better than that

best approach on that one is just use as much overwhelming force as possible as fast as possible to end it before it gets out of hand
the longer that fight goes on the less chance you have of winning it

I Said No
May 21, 2007

melee is really not a good idea in there, the purple crystals like to teleport around and can teleport directly on top of you (which is instant death cos touching a crystal does 20 damage)
then again it's also risky to go in without one depending on how your ammo is because of the splitting spiders

place is just generally a loving nightmare

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I managed to go in with a lightning hammer, trigger fingers and long arms once, it was great

you've pretty much already won if the dice fell like that for you

I Said No
May 21, 2007

fadam posted:

any tips and tricks for a new throner?

look for a manhole cover in the sewer
when you find it, blow it the gently caress up

I Said No
May 21, 2007

goferchan posted:

Loading screen tips discuss it vaguely but basically you can skip opening weapon chests and get a steadily increasing chance of finding a big weapon chest with more weapons in it in a later stage. You should try skipping the green rad canisters too

skipping the rad canisters is a net loss i think

I Said No
May 21, 2007

thinking about it, eagle eyes is probably one of the worst mutations in the game
the most mileage i ever got out of it was in a run with horribly lovely weapon drops, i pretty much had to take it to make my SMG (yes, seriously) worth anything
i guess you can like, combo it with recycle gland and a minigun but it's still never going to be as good as the regular mutation picks

also if one of the rad dogs closes range on you, best thing to do is move in a triangle pattern, change angle every time it starts a new leap
you shouldn't let them get close in the first place but it happens sometimes

I Said No
May 21, 2007

i'm becoming slowly convinced this game looks at what you have for weapons and mutations and then specifically avoids trying to give you anything that synergises with it
sometimes you just want to try out a certain build but then poo poo happens like impact wrists doesn't show up at all for 12 games in a row or a run drops no bullet weapons whatsoever and you die in the palace with a revolver and machinegun on hand cos thats what your mutations went into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

tried :black101:

still i get they're not great but i wanna try something different now and then, you know?

• Locked thread