Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Eyes and golden wrench. I need to vary my character choice up though because I think the way projectiles move around Eyes is starting to get fixed in my muscle memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I've never ended up behind the throne, it seems like a decent tactic if you have hammerhead

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I think the fight just gets crazier as time goes on with the guardians spawning but you're more likely to see that if you kill the generators

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah you only want to do it once to unlock Horror

Melee weapons can reflect red projectiles and erase green ones, they aren't essential (except for in the post game that most people never even get to) but you might find they fit your play style

Gamma guts isn't considered a top tier mutation but it's definitely useful especially when you're new to the game. If your GG damage does enough to instantly kill an enemy that would hurt you on touch (small maggots, small rats in sewers) you don't take damage from them

Is there an enemy or boss that you're having issues with? In general enemies have small numbers of predictable moves, the complexity comes from having to deal with them all together

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Thinking about it my game improved a lot when I got enough experience to know how much damage each enemy type can take e.g. knowing that Big Bandit takes five crossbow bolts or four grenades. It means I can prioritise enemies and methodically eliminate them instead of just firing wildly.

I still don't have a good feel for how much health guardian dogs have

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

They jump fast and their crouch beforehand is really easy to miss. I'm more confident meleeing sniper shots and charging snowbots than I am rad dogs.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Shotgun shoulders and sawed off works really well in tight spaces like caves / labs, it's like the mspaint fill tool for shells

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

oddium posted:

i looped the throne and everything up to it with only wrenches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0jEFewRAk

very nice work, that was not a melee friendly 3-3

I've been meaning to do a steroids all-melee run for a while but it never quite came together, the best I managed was 7-1 with shovel / sledgehammer where I got sloppy and died because I didn't time my swings properly

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

tfw you kill a bandit with the crossbow and hear a scorpion die offscreen 👌

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the throne charged me right as I fired the nuke launcher and we both died in the explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

yeah you have to loop back to 1-1 for Rebel to unlock

is there an upper limit to the number of raddogs that can spawn? because I hit an 8-1 today with six of them and was very glad of my super slugger

then i died to a single one in 8-2 that i spawned right next to

• Locked thread