Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's ok but I'm really bad at it. I also feel like I played he game like 5 times and saw everything it had to offer in like 3 or 4 levels which is a bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeXReX posted:

that is objectively wrong, 3 or 4 levels won't even raise the difficulty enough to get half of the cool weapons to drop, let alone unlock all the playable characters.

Yeah I know I'm missing a lot of characters, but I didn't know there were better weapons. I kept getting the same basic kinds and thought that was it for the large part

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna get into it. I went for the vita version because that's where I play all my Indie Roguelikes but it requires way more precision than similar games and I prolly should have gotten it on steam instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Wait! Eva 3.0+1.0 is slated to be released this year!

Nice troll.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nihnoz posted:

Isaac is an insanely worse game in all respects

They're very different

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe the Captain has Nihnoz's avatar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the melee more than the shooting in this game because I'm bad at aiming stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

guys... I beat Lil Hunter. I finally did it. It gave me a large open arena instead of a horrible tight maze with 2,970 enemies so I kicked his rear end with ease even though I had lovely weapons lol.

Then I died in 7-2 because something horrible spawned on my head but that's ok

Congrats, world 7 isn't too bad but the dark lab screws me over a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The throne is kinda lame because there's a 95% you will die the first time you reach it and then probably never lose to it again unless you have problems with ammo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5-3 is the hardest (non secret) level to me. Although I never got into looping because I'm not certifiably insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My faves are golden shotgun and golden wrench but it's basically whatever weapon you like becaus golden is just a slightly better version of the base weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm personally a fan of longer arms and melee kills reduce reload time and use the shovel since it OHKO almost every non boss enemy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

The feel of being in a loop while having the crown of blood and impact wrists, and hearing enemies crash into eachother and die as soon you enter the level.

Nuclear throne has the best explosions in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My faves are YV and Steroids but you need to reach the throne to unlock steroids anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

eh you just need to beat Lil Hunter but that's the biggest obstacle anyway

Oh whoops, that's chicken. Which I never got very good at playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I'm an idiot and could t remember right.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Take last wish (or whatever it's called that gives you full health and a bunch of ammo) as a perk at some point before 5-1, then there will be a flower you can donate health to and if you do it a few times and a portal opens up to the jungle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

The jungle seems pointless except for getting the chicken unlock though. But not as pointless as the oasis which seems to make everything worse by gimping your weapon drops for the rest of the game

Is oasis the world 1 area? Because I actually spent a lot of time running that skip with steroids just so I could practice the labs a bunch and have each run be like 5 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I got a blood weapon for the first time ever, they're real cool

Yeah they look badass, especially if you get like the blood launcher so you're shooting out explosive pellets of blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yobgoblin posted:

why is there no multiplayer for this

Theres local coop but in my experience its a lot lot harder because the screen is just chaos with all the guns going off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yobgoblin posted:

loving rats

I feel like Im either out of the groove and die on 2-1 or make it to the throne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it has higher cursed weapon rate or something? Idk I never go to jungle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I looked and the only reason for it is that you can reroll a perk because you replace last wish on the way out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually love projectiles that home in on people but in this game if a bullet curves away from where you aimed it it's infuriating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Homing bolts is so badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i died 3x in a row by point blank shooting robot snipers and blowing myself up and decided to stop playing the game for the evening :henget:

If you were encountering explosive snipers that's on 3-X which is like 7 minutes into a run. Weak...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

no you just need to destroy the four generators in the throne room before destroying the throne. you should get the crown of curses anyway because unlike the rest of the crowns Curses is actually good

ok im not alone in thinking that all of the crowns seem to offer way more downsides that upsides

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

burning veins is cool but its too scary to run around with only 4 hp especially in world 7

melting with burning veins is like the lost with mantle and its pretty fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He;s probably my fave to play but only if i get a really specific set of mutations. Like throne butt, burning veins and some good explosive weapons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a series of holes in my wall for every time pop gun drops past 2-1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i've been trying all day and im insane now. at least i can fairly consistently get to the throne now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDM-0r6mDg

admittedly I havent tried to loop ever but the bullet patterns for the throne are fairly sluggish. its the one part of the game that resembles a shmup because youre just in an unobstructed hallway of bullets and its easier than ones Ive tried to practice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

White Genocide posted:

ooo did not know that. thx

this game is nuts.

As a heads up if you do early big bandit it skips you to a underwater level and then directly to 3-3 which makes it really hard because the drops you get are still on the normal scaling. I tried using that path for a while to just attempt the throne but i was unwittingly making things a pain for myself until somebody corrected me (I think it was oddium)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

Only if you kill big bandit in under 10 seconds, otherwise it's 2-1

Yeah I was just running steroids with golden shotgun and pwning it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm in the top ten of the daily list right now. Whenever all the crazy 10 loop people finish I'll probably be jettisoned to 170 or something but it's a good feeling for now.

Grats!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would watch it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nuclear throne is so loving good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

YV is godtier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

YV with throne butt, recycle gland, lucky shot and a good high level bullet weapon is so much fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Eyes + Throne Butt + Telekinesis

This is epic on Big Dog because you look like Neo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching Bob3 play this today makes me wanna get back into it so maybe I'll stream some tomorrow

• Locked thread