Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

remember when trigger fingers was racing mind and shotgun shoulders was shotgun fingers. and back muscle was good

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the rad dogs jump is too fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steroids is my fave followed by YV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steroids with Throne Butt is the most fun that can be had

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you can loop the game endlessly, theres no real end. But beating the throne is a good first goal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the farthest anyone gotten. I know at a certain point the health scales out of a sane range but I'm curious if somebody has grinded out like 10 loops with a wrench

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

The real Nuclear Throne starts here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

shotgun shoulders is bad because shotguns are bad

*finger twitches instinctively to the ban button, eyes narrow* careful...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolt Marrow is the #1 weapon specific mutation for sho [mclovin voice] fo sho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought this on PC and had fun starting a file from scratch. I've never looped before and now I'm going to dedicate myself to doing it and then maybe being insane enough to unlock all the B-Skins on everybody.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a really bizarre labs today that was just one long hallway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

were there two chests at the beginning

I don't think so, sadly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol the cursed caves are a nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Yg6KRQmVg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

when you open the big cursed chest and it's like pop gun. assault rifle. disc gun. haha

Cursed Disc Gun? But I repeat myself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The daily today (yesterday?) was cool. How much is predetermined with a seed, is it just all the level layouts/enemy placements that eveyrone gets and the gun drops and mutations are still randomized?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ALso i got to 5-1 on the weekly on my first try and it spawns you next to a Big Healing Container that happens to be a mimic and I got immediately owned. getting there was stressful enough that I never want to try it again, let alone think about beating lil hunter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So whats everyones character/golden gun loadout? I like to run with YV with a Golden Wrench or Steroids with a Golden Grenade Launcher. Differnt dynamics of runs of theyre both really fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Think I'll stream this after dinner and not stop until I see Throne 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

Good luck.

Before I stopped I got to 7-2 or 7-3 three times in a row. I'm getting stronger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died on Throne 2 does that count as a loop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phew. The hardest part about looping is just having enough ammo to get through all 4 generators, those things have a billion health.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But now I have crown of curses on YV and can get sledgehammers and shovels in world 1 ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FOr posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIK_I8bWctg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

the throne goes into desperation mode when you're not in the hallway (so in the little generator nooks or hammerhead hidey spots) or are behind it

oh lol. I thought that was just a pattern that starts post generators.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm now trying to loop with everyone. Wish me luck. I got to a good position with steroids and then whiffed it. I've got a good replay of it too, I'll upload it later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxCUKGu62fU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nuclear throne feels like it fell out of an alternate timeline where people jsut kept making arcade cabinets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Try hitting the gold trimmed car with a screwdriver. Other than that you'll figure out your preferred playstyle as you go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never got into a good grove with horror. Im always afraid to use his beam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress guardian dogs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremely steampunk posted:

firing wildly is fun

On my last run yesterday I had something called like a Super Flak Cannon with shotgun shoulders and I used pop pop on 7-1 and instantly cleared the entire floor for the cost of like 14 bullets

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love flak cannons with shotgun shoulders and YV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My recent style of play has been to go for stress and rhino skin and use huge melee weapons at 3 health

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like horror's walk cycle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

:worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You've got one shot at the daily, thats how dailies work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Weeklies you can play as many times as you want though and are a little more handcrafted challenges.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving finally!

Looped game is absolute chaos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its criminal the best song in the game is in a hidden area

https://jukiokallio.bandcamp.com/track/where-the-guns-at-feat-joonas-turner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008