Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
this game is the street fighter ii of twinstick shooters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
anybody done the melting costume challenge? any tips?

also what's the best golden weapon?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

In Training posted:

Oh whoops, that's chicken. Which I never got very good at playing

i miss the time slow secondary :( the new secondary is not ninjy at all :(:(:(

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

yung venuz is so cool

gun godz was a p fun game, someone even got it patched to work on w8

link2patch plz

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

goferchan posted:

The jungle seems pointless except for getting the chicken unlock though. But not as pointless as the oasis which seems to make everything worse by gimping your weapon drops for the rest of the game

oasis is good for reducing the number of dogs in the palace though v:shobon:v

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
imagine if this game was 120fps O_O

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
better than getting three cursed pop rifles in a row :barf:

does anyone use plasma guns? i always thought they are a more expensive version of the grenade launcher with worse reload time. it doesn't help that the bullets are slow as hell and anything you're trying to shoot will be in the other half of the world by the time they reach. the plasma cannon is fun though

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i am pretty sure that gamma guts was nerfed in one of the last patches such that it's only active if your moving

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

the vid that had the patch in the comments got taken down but i just found it on my comp, ejnoy niggy

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=35189637757881243418

❤️

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
lightning shotgun does not stack btw so dont try shooting point blank it won't help

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

EvilMike posted:

omg the weekly is fish with crown of blood and a super plasma cannon, and you get trigger fingers at level 2

i've got a super plasma cannon on one hand and a super splinter gun in the other :hellyeah:

finally managed to unlock one of teh post loop crowns :)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just beat the cursed crystal caves on my first ever visit which is cool but uh what's the point in going there

big cursed weapon chest + lots of rads + dat music

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

rediscover posted:

i havent played in over a year, but to me looping is easy. its pretty much a given on any run unless i get bad drops or play especially poorly. seems like its just a lot of noobs in this thread

which character?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
best feature of trigger fingers is reloading the secondary weapon imho

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

oddium posted:

in the long arms icon i always think eyes is wearing a wifebeater

can. not. unsee O_O!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's okay for some stuff. like i always run out of ammo with plama hammer or jackhammer. i'd rather have laser sword or lightning hammer hell even blood hammer but it's not like i can toell the game what to do

someone actually used jackhammer?!!!

is it good?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

ArfJason posted:

yeah at least you can get back into action really quickly and dropped guns on early levels are good enough unlike gungeon

i dunno why i didnt enjoy this that much back when i first played did anything change i remember you had the chicken unlocked from the start

you probably played the game back when it had button reading psychic troll assasins (the guys with the pipes) who would deflect your bullets in your face and smack you for good measure.

thank god they got nerfed

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
melting with golden grenade launcher. SO FUN!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

oddium posted:

my ideal rad dog weapon is pop popping a super crossbow into them. but that's obviously not gonna happen every run. gatling/assault sluggers and auto crossbow do pretty well. if you catch them mid jump you can stack melee damage like big bandit/big dog and i think a sledgehammer is enough to get them

trying to melee them mid jump is not a great idea cuz of their weird rear end trajectory

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
can you kill more than one enemy with a slugger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
weeklies are more fun imho

• Locked thread