Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Agag posted:

I don't want that Borderlands thing where I am shooting the enemy in the face with a missile launcher but its doing tiny amounts of damage because of "levels."

Its cool that Nuclear Throne doesn't have that but still has a powerful sense of progression. It might have the best leveling in a game ever. Brogue is close but it makes it possible to start working on a certain build and then never ever get enough of the things you need to make it viable, which feels bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
lil hunter is a cool boss because he's impossibly hard at first and not that bad once you get how he works. Taking cover isnt that important in the rest of the game because nothing else (before the loop at least) shoots that fast with no warning. so you don't think of it at first, but then you realize, it allows you to own him.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

Does anyone here like hard mode. I want to like it but my runs usually end with one of the plasma cannon butterfly wing guys spawning on top of me and killing me. How do you deal with that guy when you can't kill him quickly

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

this is one of my favorite setups, although i will definitely die to something stupid after a while if i use it

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

fadam posted:

any tips and tricks for a new throner?

experiment with all the different stuff so you can get a feel for it. pay attention to the different enemies' timing, speed, aggression /etc for the same reason. once you kind of get how it all works it's not hard to figure out like, X thing is what keeps killing me, Y tactic/weapon/mutation would be good for that

cover becomes more and more important as you make progress, but its almost meaningless in the first world so it took me a while to get that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

loving finally!

Looped game is absolute chaos

Congrats and lol at it being right on the paddy wagon skidmark

It's crazy that the game is fun and playable with everything pumped up to that level. You need to build for it somewhat and play differently and the cops can kill you pretty randomly. But still

• Locked thread