Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

sorry about your crashes NT has never crashed for me

god drat...ive seem some ownage, but none like this. OP is sick. downloading nucelar throne right now from steam or whatever. loving love this game. omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

die you dumb motherfucker

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Nuclear throne is gay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got this game recently thanks 2 guyovitch and im gonna play it for the first time a little later..wondering if i should stream that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streamin

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i loving love this game lmfao gently caress enter the gungeon forever..im gonan go post in the gungeon thread about how it sucks wet turds out of my rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish someone clipped me owning the jungle in like 40 seconds my first time..apparently that was a feat lmao i think i had the double shotty and i just had to fire and everything would die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the room the screwdriver can teleport you to is loving brutal but i love then song

also nuclear throne is the perfect game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at my skill level i think im gonna stick to robot for a while, turning junk guns into ammo+hp is invaluable to me. i unlocked the character but i couldnt beat the area lol all i had was a basic shottie with like 20 ammo and nothing was dropping

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah trigger fingers' desc was a little misleading..i was like..i aint reloaded anything yet what do you mean reload lol but it cuts the cooldown on all weapons that have any. i need to keep that in mind

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watching the clips i have some major tunnel vision playing this lmao ive gotta look at the bigger picture

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Watching Bob3 play this today makes me wanna get back into it so maybe I'll stream some tomorrow

i'd watch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

5-3 should be called "RIP" because little hunter stops me every time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i did find the super splinter gun on 5-1 and that was a ride lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive just gotta save something that can deliver a lot of hurt for him..you start finding crazy automatic explosive weapons so i'll try to keep one for his fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he has patterns but he's still probably the toughest part of the game. sometimes you just get dropped into a giant gently caress off arena with him and a million dudes and die. he's definitely the check for whether your weapons are up to par though, you absolutely need to be able to kill a lot of stuff quickly to survive him whereas you can take most previous stages at yr own pcace

the whole area is a check on that lmao. those loving robot bandits that can just fly at you from across the map, you shoot them dead with a hyper rifle or you eat poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love that the runs in this game are so quick btw. youre in the later bits in minutes. when you die you just wanna pop right back in and try again, and again, and again, and hours have flown by..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

'grenade shotgun'

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

stream without a mic its the only way to stream

:/

reached lil hunter like 10 times, he doesn't kill me, running for cover into murder closets does

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

doughvakiin posted:

the whole fun of streaming for me is interacting with the 2 ppl watching.

same. why would i watch a guy stream something without a mic.. i can go anywhere else to just see gameplay. hosed up

goferchan posted:

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

ive only been playing a bit and the game is very aggressive about giving you ammo. if you play robot you have even less reason to worry about the cap lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/wormskull/GrotesqueWrenTheTarFu

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/wormskull/AdventurousDeerHotPokket

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive only been killed by big dog once so far :smug:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ok i get it guys, the game gets harder later on lol let a newbie struggle

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was dissing the shottie earlier but its really nice for clearing most of the early stuff, loses its kick once youre by the crystal place but very solid. i just need to lose my habit of playing the game conservatively like in gungeon

the only gun i try to ditch asap is the machinegun..feels like its just the pistol on autofire. great sound tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killed hunter and got to 7-1, thought i had it in the bag with the double flame shotty and a lot of really great upgrades but the green dog things didn't care if i had 12 hp :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i saw a thumbnail on yt titled "nuclear throne speedrun to loop 3" and it showed the desert with enormous crowds of monsters and multiple big bandits..i cant even get to the throne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the guy in the vid was playing as rogue, they got through all of loop 3 using jackhammer and some super grenade launcher. i didnt watch the bosses i havent seen yet though, it was cool watching the guy calmly go through 400-count mobs knowing he could be obliterated any second

also hammerhead seems vital, once the monster count gets that big you cant just hope the maps give you cover lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

i didnt warm much to this game when i first played it like a year or so ago. decided to give it another go and made it further than i ever have, which isnt very far, but still, im pleased. a question though, is the ice world boss supposed to be such bullshit?

youve gotta clear the area of mobs as best you can, and use cover well. his shadow tells you where he's gonna land next. but yeah, he's insanely hard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those guys owned me over and over my first time playing and everyone in the stream was like "well they used to instakill you, attack you instantly from waking up and be a lot faster" like what the hell lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so big bandit randomly popped up on 1-1 and???

i made it through and it put me on 3-3 with a pistol e: made it a timg also the music was badass

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 24, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he spawned right next to me and i nearly threw up my heart

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the music for the level is a collab between the music dude for this game and baranowsky, who made the music for crypt of the necrodancer and isaac. that guy is a god

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/bn03/FineFerretPazPazowitz heres my first attempt at the final boss lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shotgun shoulders is so downplayed in the description. it makes shotguns loving CRAZY i pick it up and ignore anything else i see if it pops up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

shotgun shoulders is bad because shotguns are bad

i think you're alright, but if you say poo poo like this, youll be seeing some bouncy rear end pellets coming your way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*holding R1 with the auto shotty on 5-3 for 10 seconds and everything including lil hunter dies without me aiming (this really happened ppl who watched my stream can confirm)* shotties are bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i tried the weekly and realized im incredibly dependant on being able to eat guns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

• Locked thread