Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

were there two chests at the beginning

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if only you had a double shotty or something, that looks loving hard though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love when you get to the ice levels and it spawns you in a murdercloset surrounded by enemies with no cover

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the golden shottie and never see myself switching

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does the throne just go apeshit like that when you kill the generators? jesus christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

it gets pissed when you move into the generator nooks and behind it iirc edit fugg beaten

lol ty i thought i was gonna have to seriously step up my dodge game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Relin posted:

i understand this game is a poor man's enter the gungeon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Relin posted:

i understand this game is a poor man's enter the gungeon

so instead of dogpiling you i'll just say that aside from the twinstick shooter feel, they are completely different games. enter the gungeon takes binding of isaac's gameplay and makes it all pretty and kinetic (and also drags it out to feel like a slow rear end 45 minute slog)

nuclear throne's approach is to plop you in a doom style murder closet, give you a pretty powerful gun from the onset and let you go crazy for as long as you can survive. the pacing feels more hotline miami than isaac tbh. its a fantastic game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fadam posted:

any tips and tricks for a new throner?

play a lot and learn what you like. avoid stepping on carpets.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tip: a lot of mutations vastly undersell themselves. shotgun shoulders for example make all shotties and sluggers blanket the screen in a million bullets, rad hunger sucks in pickups from a pretty huge distance that can save your rear end a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shotgun bullets deal extra damage on bounce, and on narrow levels shotty shoulders will make the pellets bounce rapidly 50 times all over the place killing everything.

if youve found a good bolt gun marrow is awesome but saying shotgun shoulders is bad..smh i reach the throne half the time if i get it and an auto/double shotty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, combining back muscle with rabbit paw is still extremely good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

can you kill more than one enemy with a slugger?

impact wrists makes sluggers pretty insane yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I love flak cannons with shotgun shoulders and YV

my first throne kill was the super flak cannon+shotgun shoulders and it pretty much obliterated it lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

top upgrades for me, ignoring weapon preferences:

scarier face: SSS+ tier upgrade. 20% less enemy HP with no drawbacks is an easy pick. effective all-damage upgrade, gamma guts and melee weps oneshot nearly every normal enemy, and scary boss fights are that much shorter. better have a drat good reason not to grab this

rabbit paw: you see a lot more ammo and medkits. only becomes more useful as the mob count increases and guns eat more ammo

boiling veins: if you die to something in this game it will probably be an explosion. explosive weps become essential late in the game too so not worrying about blasts is awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streaming in a second

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

i wish my little hunter fights were that neat lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt know you had a limited number of tries on the daily, so i died on the second level and thats just my score now lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hyper bullet weapons and bouncer shotgun are pretty fun though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

I sat on the throne

Grats! now try to loop ( i still havent been able to)

• Locked thread