Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

robot ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

5-3 is the hardest (non secret) level to me. Although I never got into looping because I'm not certifiably insane

Loops is where all the fun is at.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

anybody done the melting costume challenge? any tips?

also what's the best golden weapon?

Long arms + trigger fingers + shovel. Hammerhead also helps with tricky spawns.

Also the best golden is clearly the golden splinter gun and laser.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scarier face is an instant pick every time it shows up, and Steroids with bolt marrow + two crossbows/splinters is what I aim for in dailies.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The feel of being in a loop while having the crown of blood and impact wrists, and hearing enemies crash into eachother and die as soon you enter the level.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

goferchan posted:

The jungle seems pointless except for getting the chicken unlock though. But not as pointless as the oasis which seems to make everything worse by gimping your weapon drops for the rest of the game

Oasis is practically mandatory to unlock Plant's B skin. Also useful for making Melting's B slightly less of a pain.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

owl milk posted:

Just looped for the first time, it was on the weekly though so not an amazing feat. I find the throne a lot easier if you get a melee weapon like the shovel to destroy the big exploding shots

You can also stay in the center and bait the throne into firing the laser repeatedly

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

What's everybody think of hammerhead, I never take it because there's usually more immediately useful mutations but it seems like it could be really effective if used well

I only take it if I'm playing as Melting

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pick Steroids, get crossbows or splinter guns (especially 2x splinter pistols or autocrossbows) if bolt marrow, assault/gatling/hyper sluggers and/or heavy revolver/machinegun/rifle if not, and I'm ready to loop.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The current weekly is pretty cool and you can easily do splinter pistol+autocrossbow+ bolt marrow if you get a big red chest to spawn in 4-1, got to 1-2 L2 first try, guessed wrongly where a van would go and got loving wrecked
Also got to 7-3 in under 10 minutes without any skips, which is cool

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat throne by finding a plasma cannon and hitting the shoot button for 5 seoncds without standing on the carpet for the 2nd time, and then it died

fish + gun warrant ultra + trigger fingers + super plasma cannon :getin:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Blood, curses and haste are great, but explosions is also good.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

i looped with rogue which was very stressful especially since all the drops were pretty bad until like 7-1 when i got a gattling slugger but i had her starting gun right until the throne room when i got something better. thank u hammerhead mutation a good way to run away from throne dogs is to run into a wall when your gattling slugger runs out of ammo and summon a portal strike.

i blew myself up with a portal strike on 1-3 tho ;-(

Her starting gun is strong and useful even into loops, with the proper mutations.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

White Genocide posted:

i defeated the throne having blown up all 4 generators and i teleported to throne II (??) fight on a broken stone floating in space. i was playing as yv. no idea what i did. do you have to do that ever time to loop??

also, is it a bug that sometimes when i restart i begin on 1-3?? I wouldn't want to cheat to get to the throne but, like, the heck?

Probably just you fulfilling the conditions for early Big Bandit spawn (open all chests and rad cans with minimal/no kills)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

As a heads up if you do early big bandit it skips you to a underwater level and then directly to 3-3 which makes it really hard because the drops you get are still on the normal scaling. I tried using that path for a while to just attempt the throne but i was unwittingly making things a pain for myself until somebody corrected me (I think it was oddium)

Only if you kill big bandit in under 10 seconds, otherwise it's 2-1

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the weekly that's up now is cool chiken with laser sword crown of blood and tthe 2nd mutation has laser brains :eyepop:

what... weeklies all the week

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

this weekly is so good

I went through cursed caves and got to 5-1 at level 9
Splinter pistol ftw

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

did anyone find long arms or blood lust

also post the weekliest pic you got

The feel of dying earlier but still coming on top because you kill more+better

Also I didn't find either mutation, did it with rabbit paw+plutonium hunger+second stomach+strong spirit

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 20, 2017

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

i got my best run evar with rebel but i got killed by the crystal boss in looped caes oops good thing i didn't have a cursed weapon yikes. i got a golden splinter gun on her now tho :worship:

golden splinter gun, and splinter guns in general, are boss

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

goferchan posted:

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

Used to up the low ammo threshold as well, resulting in more ammo drops.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

someone actually used jackhammer?!!!

is it good?

I tried to kill the Throne with it once, ran out of ammo but well positioned it can't shoot anything in your direction.

lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Aston posted:

I killed the big dog, but wtf is the next area

Also I murked the police with a shovel and got a crown and then they tracked me down and murdered me

gently caress the popo

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Protip for rad dogs and other enemies that try to rush you: while they're ramming they take melee damage every single frame

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

you can also use that to kill big bandit so quickly that his music never stops playing :newlol:

That was actually pretty annoying in a weekly some time ago. Music doesn't stop playing until the Throne.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Steroids FTW

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can go to the IDPD world and kill their boss or something, I thin k that ends the game

Get to the back of an IDPD Van just as it is unloads the popo and press E. Strong Spirit recommended

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I Said No posted:

does bolt marrow enhance splinter guns at all
i like splinter guns but the mutation just doesn't seem to make them work all that differently, seekers and regular crossbows i definitely notice though
it doesnt affect heavy crossbow much but just lol to using that janky thing

It enhances all bolt weapons. Splinters home as much as regular crossbows, heavy crossbow not as much but still significantly and even the discs veer slightly and slow down on enemies.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I tried the weekly and destroyed throne and throne 2 with the energy screwdriver after running out of super slugger and hyper rifle ammo.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love when you have the guns to deal with this.

Play as Steroids and realize that this is always the case.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Golden splintergun ftw

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Think I'll stream this after dinner and not stop until I see Throne 2.

Good luck.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

i think the best mutation is scarier face

This is correct.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Gatling Slugger is a run maker for me, Shotgun Shoulders or not.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

Powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

yeah sometimes it's fun stuff like fish + spc + crown of blood or yv + guitar

and then sometimes it's crown of luck

gently caress crown of luck, even with the scarier face and brain capacity interactions

• Locked thread