Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tfw you kill lil hunter and then immediately get murked by the sole remaining enemy on the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I got to 7-2 with Steroids today, it's the farthest I've ever gotten

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I love the bouncer smg

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

rediscover posted:

reading this posts, feeling liike playing the game. maybe i will

I reinstalled it because of this thread

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:toot:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I got a blood weapon for the first time ever, they're real cool

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Corrupted caves might be the hardest area I've seen so far

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I opened a big weapon chest on 3-3 with robot and it spawned two screwdrivers and a laser pistol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Theres local coop but in my experience its a lot lot harder because the screen is just chaos with all the guns going off

You also share rads and perks so it's harder to do specialized builds that are really effective

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

i h8 those assassin crowbar fuckers. hoLY poo poo how am i supposed to see them thru a billion slowly moving dog bullets and rockets fuuu

Kill them before the dog wakes up from his nap

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is there any reason to go to the jungle other than to unlock chicken, the underwater zone let's you level skip and the pizza sewers have health + are really easy, what boon does the jungle have

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

how does gamma guts work it seems like there's a cool down but it still kills enemies that do damage on contact like the spiders and the slip n slide ice robots ?-?

You don't take damage if it kills an enemy outright, it's one of the best mutations. It isn't super obvious how it works though so I avoided it for the longest time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

White Genocide posted:

no cool down i think cause when u use crystal special antthing touches u usually dies

With it I've beaten sewers where I only fired a gun to take out the big rats. If you're quick enough you can even kill assassins with it lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

it's a bit confusing cuz like i've had it but get killed by rats but the i had a decent run going and spiders and robots were hopping on me and they straight up died instantly. probably good for the jungle as well since a billion things try to run at you ?-?

Did you have scary face in that run? Apparently that's the key to making gamma guts really good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's everybody think of hammerhead, I never take it because there's usually more immediately useful mutations but it seems like it could be really effective if used well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

swamp waste posted:

Does anyone here like hard mode. I want to like it but my runs usually end with one of the plasma cannon butterfly wing guys spawning on top of me and killing me. How do you deal with that guy when you can't kill him quickly

Buddy I haven't even sat on the throne yet.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I feel like the number one reason I die anymore is that I get a weapon I've never used before and try messing with it instead of just running with the good stuff I have

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Brbrbrbr ka...Pop pop

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't need no bread
I don't need no home
Just everybody dead
And my Nuclear Throne

https://youtu.be/a_6CZ2JaEuc

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

ok im not alone in thinking that all of the crowns seem to offer way more downsides that upsides

Crown of Guns seems like it'd synergize well with robot but I've never survived long enough with it to know for sure

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love the Haste crown, because by the time I get it I'm killing stuff so fast that it's just a bonus to ammo and health drops.

It's literally kept me alive because of that when combined with the plutonium hunger and the more pickups mutation, I killed stuff so fast that I'd just pick up more ammo and health right before I ran out or died

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yesterday he spawned Ina tiny room and I shot the plasma cannon once and it was over. I spent more time killing regular enemies

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My last run had a scrapyard with like eight snipers all grouped into a single little area and I shot one and they all exploded and it was really satisfying

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lab with impact fists is so fun

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The weekly seems completely insane

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm in the top ten of the daily list right now. Whenever all the crazy 10 loop people finish I'll probably be jettisoned to 170 or something but it's a good feeling for now.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Congratulations

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Eyes with the golden shotgun. Although most of my wins have been on dailies so maybe my weapon isn't that important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

oddium posted:

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

Holy poo poo

• Locked thread