Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeXReX posted:

The Wiki can show you all the endgame stuff along with the secrets if you're into that sort of thing.

:razz: :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nuclear throne is gay

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. Shooters where you cant take cover behind explosive barrels are fail.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The throne is kinda lame because there's a 95% you will die the first time you reach it and then probably never lose to it again unless you have problems with ammo

Throne II whips my rear end though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Golden crossbow is my favorite, but if I don't get bolt marrow or a good gun before the sewers it typically ends badly

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bolt Marrow, Boiling Veins, and Scarier Face for this game. You spam explosives to clear crowds and then hammer the tough guys with a super splinter gun or a super crossbow.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The music of the final parts of the palace into the throne fight themes is one of the top feels in gaming

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

My faves are YV and Steroids but you need to reach the throne to unlock steroids anyway.

You're thinking of Rogue (beat throne) and Rebel (loop throne)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to be a badass to do the jungle. It's the hardest level in the game IMO before looping

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like to spam the Oasis because it makes my run short and I'm hugely unlucky on drops usually anyway. I have Golden Crossbow on crystal so if I get a good second weapon that's enough to get me to lil hunter and usually throne

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

I love the bouncer smg

The bouncer shotgun is my favorite bullet weapon except for the heavy assault rifle or quad machine gun

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

Corrupted caves might be the hardest area I've seen so far

It's almost as bad as the Jungle

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. I don't like the crystals. All of the instant kills really piss me off. For example, I have never died to regular enemies when looping. It's always that loving van

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

I opened a big weapon chest on 3-3 with robot and it spawned two screwdrivers and a laser pistol

:discourse:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I die frequently to his annoying death animation because even when I'm a screen and a half away he'll somehow zip over to me and explode before I can react

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ones in the jungle are way worse

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got to the jungle and made it thru my first time idk how tho. i think i had an autoshotgun with the wrists thing and got lucky cuz it was hard to tell what was going on lol . nOT sure why u'd want to go back tho

A true gamer seeks extra challenge

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i beat lil hunter thanks to the seeker shotgun and the honing crossbow mutation

Bolt Marrow is really good regardless of bolt weapon you use

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I take it unless I'm playing Crystal, which is most of the time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crown of Death (one of the post-loop crowns) is really good if you are doing a Burning Veins build

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but normally if you grab a crown, you can get a Heavy AR by throne which does like 4x the damage of a pop rifle

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

wait until you have to fight the L1 7-3 throne

I made it there as crystal once and it was one of the most heart rushing experiences of my life

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cursed caves are rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cursed cave has the guaranteed chest and way more enemies than normal which is both good and bad. If you have a really strong weapon like a seeker shotgun or a lightning rifle you can take it easy and maybe make ultra before throne

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I made it to the sewers on loop the other day and got killed by 2,970 projectiles and have made my peace with the fact that I probably won't ever do better than that

I died to Lil Hunter in loop and have never got close since

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I purposefully go to the cursed caves I get wrecked, but if I just pick up a cursed gun without thinking I easily clear it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do YV with golden MG because its good for everythi ng but the last few levels with his fire rate bonus with the regular golden gun bonus

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

also with a melee weapon you can destroy the big green blobs before they span bullets or guardians and u still get items :thumbsup:

Crystal shield and blood explosions do this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

:how:

• Locked thread