Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the similarities between isaac and nuclear throne are mostly at the surface level.. they are very different games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

*begins composing a massive blog post style rebuttal including several tangential diatribes and more than one hundred individual instances of tautology for the low low price of 69.99*

Uhhh... Can we get this in English please lol.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

Nuclear throne is gay

your gay. go suck on a hog fag. gay little fag

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

you either blow lil hunter the gently caress up in seconds or he murks you, in my experience

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i want to play enter the gungeon really bad

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I finally got this today and it's seriously great. I was enjoying Fish and his Throne Butt upgrade but I think YV is my man now, just tried him and killed Big Dog in one hit with a Braaaap'd golden grenade launcher from YV's sweet pad. (which also blew up Horror who I didn't even know had spawned lol)

Then I ran out of ammo on my normal gun and Lil' Hunter splatted me while I tried to get range and grenade him :whitewater:

Thanks for sharing. :)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Nuclear throne has the best explosions in the game.

Uhh.. might wanna proof read your posts more closer from now on buddy lol.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

reading this posts, feeling liike playing the game. maybe i will

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

i h8 those assassin crowbar fuckers. hoLY poo poo how am i supposed to see them thru a billion slowly moving dog bullets and rockets fuuu

look better

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

What's everybody think of hammerhead, I never take it because there's usually more immediately useful mutations but it seems like it could be really effective if used well

i never pick it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

laser pistol is epic.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i havent played in over a year, but to me looping is easy. its pretty much a given on any run unless i get bad drops or play especially poorly. seems like its just a lot of noobs in this thread

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

one concession that i will admit is that i usually die immediately upon looping. theres just too many bad guys

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

which character?

i liked fish and steroids

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Brrrrap

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

oddium posted:

trigger fingers + long arms :discourse:

+ impact wrists.. N'yoh my god

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

oddium posted:

you don't want impact wrists with melee because melee weapons can't deal damage during i-frames (from all the wild corpses)

I thought that was the whole point of impact wrists o.o

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

stream without a mic its the only way to stream

the whole fun of streaming for me is interacting with the 2 ppl watching.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Aston posted:

can't get past Big Dog

you'll get the hang of it really quick. very soon you will be murking big dog w/out breaking a sweat every drat run

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

symbolic posted:

just wait until Lil' Hunter

dilz hunter. i can defeat him easily

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

ok i get it guys, the game gets harder later on lol let a newbie struggle

you: ah.. flame shotgun huh? sounds pretty neat
the chill experienced gamer, reclined casually in his chair: yeah its okay i guess, but when you compare the numbers against the othe -- you know what gently caress it, just read this 20 page Pastebin i wrote containing DPS comparisons, early game optimizations, and how to completely avoid dealing with the stress of learning and experiencing a new game for yourself. cheers

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

yeah i personally just go apeshit and dont even think about ammo its more fun that way to me. i started playing a bunch of robot and i really like his gun eating ability. the E -> rightclick -> E combo + the sfx is very satisfying

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ooh i forgot about steroids since u have to unlock characters now. im going to play himn next because hes a bamf.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Dongicus posted:

Did every noob get obliterated by the thrones laser the first try?

I didn't, due to luck. You should spoiler tag that btw there's lots of people on here playing this for the first time

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tried out Nuclear Throne Togehter the online co-op mod w/ wormskull for a lil bit and it loving P0wns. Seriously everyone pair up and try that poo poo out it's so much drat fuin especially if you dirnk a lot of liquor but not too much.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

worth noting that there are a couple of endings, of which beating the throne is one. (just, you don't ever have to take an ending.)

more than one ending? i thought it was just kill the throne, kill throne 2, loop, continue ?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the trick for lil hunter is to just go apeshit on him with your strongest gun as soon as he appears. he has very little HP

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

When I saw this I was about to quote and say oh my god and then scrolled down and you already said it for me. That being said, Oh my god

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

he spawned right next to me and i nearly threw up my heart

lol. its a dope secret

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

oddium posted:

shotgun shoulders is bad because shotguns are bad

You are a clown.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Relin posted:

i understand this game is a poor man's enter the gungeon

You misunderstand.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i used to be Plugged in to the 'meta' of this game a couple years ago via people who are insanely good at it on youtube and i thought the consensus that back muscle was a top tier mutation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the bouncer shotgun used to be OP right. did they nerf the bouncer guns i remember them being epic

• Locked thread