Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

KamikazeJim posted:

I can't imagine playing it with a controller, imo.

it's a fun game but I can't play it for more then like half an hour at a time because I'm not good enough to loop and I end up dying and rage quitting in about that time each time I try to play. The best ive done is made it to the Throne and then died because I am bad at video games or at least this one

When you have procedurally generated levels sometimes you just get screwed. Game still rules though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ristolaz posted:

I think I like Robot the best now. its cool to get OP weapons. I made it to Lil Hunter for the first time and got pwned

Hardest boss imo.

Robot has the only power I actually use regularly. I even forget to POP POP with Y.V.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Patience is handy if you're trying to get Last Wish so you can get to the Jungle, etc.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Scarier Face. Love to one-shot everything except bosses.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
My best runs happen when I play it like a shmup and focus mostly on dodging. Any time I fixate on killing things I wander into a bunch of scorpion lasers or a thrown car.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Does Lil HInter landing, or his blue smoke or whatever, hurt you as Crystal using your shield ability?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Grab the reg crossbow in the Desert and never look back.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

goferchan posted:

Enter The Gungeon looks cool and even if im a little burnt out on action roguelike-likes this looks like it could scratch the same itch as Nuclear Throne. Really like all that bullet hell poo poo going on in the trailer

I think it could be great if the emphasis is on dodging and shooting, not RPG elements. I don't want that Borderlands thing where I am shooting the enemy in the face with a missile launcher but its doing tiny amounts of damage because of "levels."

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

swamp waste posted:

Its cool that Nuclear Throne doesn't have that but still has a powerful sense of progression. It might have the best leveling in a game ever. Brogue is close but it makes it possible to start working on a certain build and then never ever get enough of the things you need to make it viable, which feels bad

The changing drop pools as you advance through the game, combined with a choice of mutations that you can adapt to the weapons you find, is perfect. By 4-1 you should be pretty badass, but it could be in one of several different ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I finally got this today and it's seriously great. I was enjoying Fish and his Throne Butt upgrade but I think YV is my man now, just tried him and killed Big Dog in one hit with a Braaaap'd golden grenade launcher from YV's sweet pad. (which also blew up Horror who I didn't even know had spawned lol)

Then I ran out of ammo on my normal gun and Lil' Hunter splatted me while I tried to get range and grenade him :whitewater:

Hell yeah man. Get some Boiling Veins with that golden grenade launcher and braaap them all.

• Locked thread