Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what's a good character to play if i just started playing? i unlocked up to Plant and made it the farthest with Fish (3-2) even though i forgot he could roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm trying Crystal and i've been close to reaching 4-1 pretty much every time, which is cool

i still keep forgetting i can shield tho :sigh:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

Take last wish (or whatever it's called that gives you full health and a bunch of ammo) as a perk at some point before 5-1, then there will be a flower you can donate health to and if you do it a few times and a portal opens up to the jungle
so that's the thing i killed when i finally made it to 5-1

whoops

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i really like the heavy crossbow, and i managed to kill Lil' Hunter with it on my first-ever encounter with him

too bad there were about a hundred other things aiming for me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rediscover posted:

reading this posts, feeling liike playing the game. maybe i will
you should

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the heavy crossbow is very good and cool and kills everything so i'm happy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm really bad at this fuuu

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu

a good strategy imo: killing yourself so the enemies can't

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i finally beat Lil' Hunter for the second time and somehow didn't take any damage despite fighting him in a hallway

that's gonna be the only time i ever manage to do that probably. at least i unlocked the roidmonster since i didn't die right after beating him this time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i started playing as Robot and i keep eating my loving weapons by accident god dammit :doh:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I Said No posted:

best combo with melting is throne butt + impact wrists though, every stage becomes a horrible mosh pit
i've been trying this and i swear Rhino Skin gets extremely rare when you play as Melting. i only got it as a mutation on my 10th or 11th run. maybe i just had really bad luck but it was weird af.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe you should try playing as Melting, instead of as a freaking noob lmao.
i'm playing as both atm

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

YV is godtier.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just love crossbow type weapons in this so much

the heavy crossbow owns and i always pick it up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Aston posted:

can't get past Big Dog

just wait until Lil' Hunter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

Did every noob get obliterated by the thrones laser the first try?

i sure did

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

doughvakiin posted:

tried out Nuclear Throne Togehter the online co-op mod w/ wormskull for a lil bit and it loving P0wns. Seriously everyone pair up and try that poo poo out it's so much drat fuin especially if you dirnk a lot of liquor but not too much.

i tried it out when i first got the game and it unlocked every character at the start and i felt bad

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

:prepop:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

I bought this on PC and had fun starting a file from scratch. I've never looped before and now I'm going to dedicate myself to doing it and then maybe being insane enough to unlock all the B-Skins on everybody.

good luck gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

So whats everyones character/golden gun loadout? I like to run with YV with a Golden Wrench or Steroids with a Golden Grenade Launcher. Differnt dynamics of runs of theyre both really fun.

YV with Golden Machinegun at the moment

• Locked thread