Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

goferchan posted:

Tfw you finally kill Lil Hunter and die immediately from explosions and never reach 6-1

Did it again

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

Enter The Gungeon looks cool and even if im a little burnt out on action roguelike-likes this looks like it could scratch the same itch as Nuclear Throne. Really like all that bullet hell poo poo going on in the trailer

Turns out it's pretty good

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 5, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I will never beat Lil Hunter . Please help me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

i beat him once but then died anyway when his body exploded

I did this twice. Really need to prioritize Boiling Veins a little higher I think. Does that protect against the "explosion" from his landing too?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

symbolic posted:

what's a good character to play if i just started playing? i unlocked up to Plant and made it the farthest with Fish (3-2) even though i forgot he could roll.

Crystal is great to start out with, the extra health and the shield are both really useful. Her Throne Butt mutation that "upgrades" the shield into a teleport move arguably makes her harder to play, though, so you may wanna avoid it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh whoops, that's chicken. Which I never got very good at playing

Chicken is just visiting the jungle isn't it?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The jungle seems pointless except for getting the chicken unlock though. But not as pointless as the oasis which seems to make everything worse by gimping your weapon drops for the rest of the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is there any point in going to the ninja turtles sewer except to hope for some health drops

every level you visit (i think this even includes the crown vaults) ups the difficulty (# of enemies that spawn) but also ups the potential quality of weapon drops. for the most part i think the benefit of getting better weapons sooner outweighs extra enemies in a level, so you wanna hit side areas when possible.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremely steampunk posted:

Laser brain is one of the best mutations for specific weapons too since it's just a straight damage increase

it makes the hitboxes for your lasers bigger too 👍 really noticeable with plasma gun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu

you could have not shot the car

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this has been me since the day after I bought the game . welcome

I was stuck on him for like a few months worth of playing the game on and off but once I finally beat him i never die to him anymore. Pretty much all my deaths came from getting scared and spazzing out lol but now I'm really comfortable with his patterns

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

how does gamma guts work it seems like there's a cool down but it still kills enemies that do damage on contact like the spiders and the slip n slide ice robots ?-?

I think the way gamma guts works is that if the contact damage kills the enemy, you take no damage. If it's not lethal for them then you both get hurt. Pretty sure if you have gamma guts + scary face you can safely run into any enemy in the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Homing bolts is so badass

Yeah i have a golden crossbow for crystal and it feels so good windmill slamming bolt marrow going into 1-2

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i keep getting to 7-1 or 7-2 now and then getting completely destroyed by a billion bullets and dogs

still haven't killed the last boss but i can't imagine beating world 7 without a melee weapon and/or crystal bcz there's way too much poo poo to dodge. my last run where i made it to the boss i had a lightning hammer which was incredibly good and doesn't use up any ammo for some insane reason unlike the other energy melee stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

oddium posted:

curses and blood are the only good ones. actually risk is okay on a melting b run because you're either getting the benefit or you're dead

I'll take the no ammo more guns one with robot , esp if i have his throne butt and/or the generate ammo on kills perk. But i'm not very good at the game . Pickups fade faster/give more seems worth it if you have the wider pickup radius perk too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

what's the point of the box where you can stash a weapon in the 2nd crown room?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

oddium posted:

remember when trigger fingers was racing mind and shotgun shoulders was shotgun fingers. and back muscle was good

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's not fair , it's not right

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

my first gold weap was robot w golden laser pistol and I still really like running with that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

oddium posted:

horror mostly for its extra mutation + insane ultra mutation. the beam i just use to charge vault portals haha

whoa /... makes sense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fadam posted:

any tips and tricks for a new throner?

Loading screen tips discuss it vaguely but basically you can skip opening weapon chests and get a steadily increasing chance of finding a big weapon chest with more weapons in it in a later stage. You should try skipping the green rad canisters too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

oddium posted:

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

Epic

• Locked thread