Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i miss the time slow secondary :( the new secondary is not ninjy at all :(:(:(

its not nearly as op as the time slow was, but its actually still pretty good because you can throw weapons through portals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

It's worse because of the randomly teleporting crystals that can instakill you with no warning and the fact that literally 100% of the floor can be covered in webs if you're unlucky. Any strong build can clear the jungle. For the purple crystal caves, you need a strong long range weapon (can't risk fighting crystals at close range) and a way of dealing with sticky floors (hammerhead or extra feet).

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

hammerhead is extremely strong, especially when looping. the spawn area is usually the hardest part of a level and hammerhead protects you from getting completely hosed. also lets you get away from vans if you are stuck in a horizonal corridor

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

are the triple machinegun/minigun/minigun with lasers hell yeah 55 engery max ever useful w/o like the bonus ammo on kills and strong back skills they burn thru ammo so fast whY did my last run only give me miniguns and energy miniguns and that terrible lightning pistol fuuu

triple machine gun is alright in the early game for clearing rooms. laser minigun is pretty bad usually because it misses too much.

the bullet minigun weapons are good if you can handle the ammo cost for it, i like them with fish's ultimate mutation that gives infinite ammo at the start of the level.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

swamp waste posted:

Does anyone here like hard mode. I want to like it but my runs usually end with one of the plasma cannon butterfly wing guys spawning on top of me and killing me. How do you deal with that guy when you can't kill him quickly

hard mode is a bad joke and only exists to get the unlock from beating a few levels of it, imo

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

the real pro choice is picking random every time

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

omg the weekly is fish with crown of blood and a super plasma cannon, and you get trigger fingers at level 2

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

White Genocide posted:

i defeated the throne having blown up all 4 generators and i teleported to throne II (??) fight on a broken stone floating in space. i was playing as yv. no idea what i did. do you have to do that ever time to loop??
when you loop, all the transition levels get bosses. throne 2 is just the first of them. fun fact: the fight actually takes place in the campfire area from the character select screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

oddium posted:

did anyone find long arms or blood lust

also post the weekliest pic you got

heres mine. died on the same level. screenshot from thronebutt because the ingame leaderboard is garbage

• Locked thread