Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mysterious loyall X posted:

are the triple machinegun/minigun/minigun with lasers hell yeah 55 engery max ever useful w/o like the bonus ammo on kills and strong back skills they burn thru ammo so fast whY did my last run only give me miniguns and energy miniguns and that terrible lightning pistol fuuu

no

useful weapons are:

shovel
crossbow/auto crossbow/super crossbow
super plasma cannon

don't try to play with anything else really. always take trigger fingers + long arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh sorry the gatling slugger rules and the assault slugger can carry you pre-loop too

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

always go for high score

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the assult slugger kicks rear end

if it did just a little bit more damage it could one shot dog guardians on a pop pop and i would give it a 😘👌

but few weapons one shot dogs so i forgive it and it's still really good

shovel + super crossbow/spc is still my ideal

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you don't really aim the lightning guns. i don't know if it still works but you used to be able to use the lighting cannon with eyes' ultra and it would last forever as long as you never touched a wall with it

anyway i'll use the lightning pistol early on because it's not awful, especially with steroids, but the rest are 👎

except the lightning hammer which is a contender for best weapon in the game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

now loop

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no you just need to destroy the four generators in the throne room before destroying the throne. you should get the crown of curses anyway because unlike the rest of the crowns Curses is actually good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

curses and blood are the only good ones. actually risk is okay on a melting b run because you're either getting the benefit or you're dead

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it carries over between runs, so you can keep a super crossbow or something there if you find one but roll awful mutations.

BUT ALSO if you hit ball mama (sewers loop boss) with a golden weapon she'll drop the frog pistol, which becomes the golden frog pistol if you put it in the proto chest and retrieve it with a different character. the golden frog pistol starts you as Frog

i gave it to fish because it makes the most sense i think

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

melting has the best b skin conditions. because it's super hard and fun

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

weapons i like to have for lil hunter: auto crossbow, super crossbow, assault slugger, gatling slugger, lightning hammer um. that's probably it. usually a 5-10 second fight.

if you get in his face he won't attack and fly off instead. this isn't 100% though so don't @ me if it fails

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no trigger fingers, no bloodlust, not even stress... wish me luck

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i looped the throne in the daily but then i died in 0-1 because i usually skip throne 2 through yv's ultra :cheers:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

chicken was the pro meta choice the last time i checked because ammo gets super sparse in the higher loops and her weapon throw is essentially infinite

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

wait until you have to fight the L1 7-3 throne

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i used to not be able to get through the frozen city and now i loop on the reg

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's how you loop yeah. yv fact: if you hit level ultra during 7-3 you'll skip throne ii

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

well you're not going to get better playing less levels with less enemies

hit the sewers hit every vault hit the cursed caves :twisted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i usually never get anything good from the cursed caves but i'm pretty sure it's more rads and if you have a sledgehammer or a./g. slugger it's not too hard

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

which character?

always yv except sometimes horror or steroids. fish is cool because of the guitar and potential gun warrant/trigger fingers tomfoolery i guess

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm not really a horror expert but the beam destroys projectiles and charges proto statues and with throne butt it heals him. so preloop for visiting vaults/anti lil hunter/i guess going hog wild on rad dogs because i hate rad dogs and it saves ammo

later in the game when you the only thing you need rads for are ultra weapons the healing and bullet destruction is very helpful

BUT the extra mutation choice every level is super good and his ultra mutation anomaly tends to spawn portals before idpd vans and if the level portal is spawned the vans won't (you can see this early in a loop when the l1 1-2 portal breaks pretty much right away and the van sirens wail but nothing comes)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't think they're randomly generated, some community guy seeds them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this weekly is so good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

did anyone find long arms or blood lust

also post the weekliest pic you got

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they're all pretty good. but yv is the best obvs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

trigger fingers + long arms :discourse:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you don't want impact wrists with melee because melee weapons can't deal damage during i-frames (from all the wild corpses)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

melee weapons:

1) destroy his landing flames
2) reflect his bullets

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in the long arms icon i always think eyes is wearing a wifebeater

e: also the rhino skin tiny icon looks like midna's hat

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

remember when trigger fingers was racing mind and shotgun shoulders was shotgun fingers. and back muscle was good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

goferchan posted:

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

ammo packs drop more when you're low on ammo. back muscle raises the ammo cap. so with back muscle you used to get ammo packs sooner. but now you don't

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's okay for some stuff. like i always run out of ammo with plama hammer or jackhammer. i'd rather have laser sword or lightning hammer hell even blood hammer but it's not like i can toell the game what to do

you've become so strong....

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the hardest part of big dog is always snipers and salamanders

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

worst enemy is far and away rad dogs. or salamanders

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you can also use that to kill big bandit so quickly that his music never stops playing :newlol:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would probably like steroids more than yv if steroids didn't have bad ultras

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

chicken was the first character i used and i played exclusively in bullet time because i was very bad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yes... yes! yes!! YES!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

- yung venuz

• Locked thread