Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shotgun shoulders is bad because shotguns are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm consider this. if you take shotgun shoulders you can't also take two of Bolt Marrow/Boiling Veins/Laser Brain/Long Arms without heavy heart appearing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yikes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yo this weekly is extremely good

i would have preferred second stomach over sharp teeth but sharp teeth works here

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the struggle continues

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

were there two chests at the beginning

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i usually avoid it unless i have a sledgehammer or something. and strong spirit

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

when you open the big cursed chest and it's like pop gun. assault rifle. disc gun. haha

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

golden wrench for all. except fish who i gave the frog gun

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's l1 0-1 congrats

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the throne goes into desperation mode when you're not in the hallway (so in the little generator nooks or hammerhead hidey spots) or are behind it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah it's under stats on the main menu

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

melee weapons are very good, specifically shovel but also wrench + sledgehammer

strong spirit, hammerhead, trigger fingers, and bloodlust are the best mutations in the game but i also like long arms. because melee is good

all the characters are pretty equal you just gotta find what bonus you jive with. i like yv + steroids + horror

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

horror mostly for its extra mutation + insane ultra mutation. the beam i just use to charge vault portals haha

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

rad dogs are how you tell if a weapon is Good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

my ideal rad dog weapon is pop popping a super crossbow into them. but that's obviously not gonna happen every run. gatling/assault sluggers and auto crossbow do pretty well. if you catch them mid jump you can stack melee damage like big bandit/big dog and i think a sledgehammer is enough to get them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what i find works for avoiding rad dogs:

not standing still

not moving directly at them

now you too can avoid these dogs what move in a straight line

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yo here's the thing about weapon buff mutations though. when you take a third you're guaranteed to roll Heavy Heart which suuuuuuuuucks. so you really can only take two or waste a mutation​ roll. and long arms/laser brain/bolt marrow are way better than shotgun shoulders/recycle gland/boiling veins

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

heavy heart increases the weapon drop rate by tiny amount

back muscle used to be good when it also raised the point at which you would get more ammo drops but now it doesn't. i would still take it over like eagle eyes or sharp teeth i guess

rhino skin is good but it means you need five med kits to recharge strong spirit from 1 hp. i'd rather have second stomach where you only need two

these are my many nuclear throne opinions

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

extremebuff posted:

shotgun bullets deal extra damage on bounce, and on narrow levels shotty shoulders will make the pellets bounce rapidly 50 times all over the place killing everything.

if youve found a good bolt gun marrow is awesome but saying shotgun shoulders is bad..smh i reach the throne half the time if i get it and an auto/double shotty

if that works for you my dude then game on. i just don't ever find shotguns dependable, especially post loop

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i looped the throne and everything up to it with only wrenches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0jEFewRAk

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in this video i cover what mutations are essential to looping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU