Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Dropping by to lol at Cincy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Dropping into voice my support for UCF and Cincinnati.

gently caress all the other options.

Northjayhawk posted:

The president of Texas has spoken. Congratulations, Houston fans. I wonder who the other 3 will be?

WVU needs a travelling partner, it should be either Memphis or Cinci.

If we don't stop at 12, then the other two depend on whether we bring in BYU or not. If its BYU, then I think #14 is CSU. If not, then UCONN and UCF

WVU would ideally like Cincy and Memphis or Cincy and UCF/USF.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I hope they do not split up OU and Texas and we stay in the Big XII because, lmao

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Bowlsby traded you to the MAC for Miami in what he thought was a fleecing.

Rude

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Other than "being in Houston with access to lots of recruits" what makes you say they have better "core fundamentals" than any other G5 school? They're a commuter school that is running a huge deficit and their athletic department is basically just the football team.

:salt:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

It is literally just this. I assume Rutgers hangs "core fundamentals" banners in the stadium or something

Also NYC Media Market

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I think Houston isn't going to get in unless we go to 14, which I hope we don't.

Cincy and Memphis or Cincy and one of the Florida schools seems to be choices least likely to piss off half the conference.

Which means:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

If I was WVU, I'd be pretty pissed to see BYU and Nebraska in the conference since it would move the conference center even further away from them. I hate having isolated teams so I'd rather see the Big 12 grow east instead of west. Especially since the TV markets are better going east.

I don't think BYU or Braska are coming.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Yeah worked really well last time

Are you worried about losing the Corn Trophy game?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

That's the Iowa State trophy, the Nebraska one is some generic garbage. I think that game will eventually be A Thing and be fun but it's not there yet so we wouldn't be losing too much. They're not some huge historic rival or something, at least right now. I was pretty adamantly against adding them when it happened. There just isn't any logical reason to think Nebraska would make that move and the only thing that really points to it happening is an old guy saying that he thinks it'd be cool.

Oh, I agree

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I'm cool with Cinci. But man I really hate the idea of adding UCONN or Memphis.

Memphis is FedEx money, but my money is on UCF/USF which would be better for the conference ebcause it gets us into Florida recruiting.

And yes, we'd totally bolt for the ACC but they're never coming calling.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Big XII isn't going to disappear without such a tectonic shift in conference alignments that it's not worth even discussing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Komet posted:

I wish things would go back to the way they were.

I would like for the old, old Big East to return, but with Penn State and Maryland. But we don't get what we want.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Komet posted:

That would be a good conference. A Big East with Penn State and Miami may also have attracted FSU over the ACC.

Thanks again, Joe Paterno

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Komet posted:

Hey man, Paterno wanted an eastern football conference. I think the Big East basketball schools should be blamed for this.

Nah, Paterno didn't want Miami in the conference. There are plenty of things I can blame the basketball schools for, but this in particular wasn't one of them.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

If y'all are taking Rutgers to then deal

Do we have to? I guess that's a small price to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

If we don't expand and also don't get the networks to buy out the pro rata clause at a hefty price the big 12 needs to just disband.

The pro rata buy out is apparently part of this decision.

• Locked thread