Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
As a UConn fan, I never once fathomed that the Huskies would be considered favored expansion targets by anyone ever. Joining the Big XII would save the program financially after Boston College tried to kill it. The move, however, would relegate UConn to bottom-feeder status overnight. But the basketball programs would be safe while getting to clown on Big XII competition in the conference tournament every few years.

However, even if the conference blows up, the Big XII North could come to UConn, just like when the conference first teetered on the edge of disaster. The Kansas schools, Iowa State etc. would all make great additions to the American! And whatever Texas school gets left out in the cold (TCU), you could come and play Houston and SMU all you want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

kayakyakr posted:

I wouldn't be too confident about UConn basketball rolling through people. UConn would be a nice addition to an already pretty good basketball conference.

Oh, I know. The Big XII has plenty of great competition, but you're talking about a school that bullshitted their way not once, but twice with incredibly hot late season play into a national championship. UConn is almost certainly never going to win the regular season conference title, but I could definitely see it winning the conference tournament once and awhile.

Democrazy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 20, 2016

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

DJExile posted:

The MAC officially kicked out UMass

who wants to expand to get some hot hot minuteman football in their conference?

Maybe they had a chance at FBS in a timeline where there was a Northeast conference

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Thoguh posted:

UCONN is not going to get an invite to the Big XII unless the conference is down to Iowa State and K-State and they invite the entire American.

Wow. So ungrateful. When ISU was going to be on the outs, UConn wanted you guys in the Big East to spare you from the MAC

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

MourningView posted:

So their response to that would be to break up the conference now instead of waiting and getting good TV money for at least a few extra years, if it breaks up at all? ISU isn't a good major conference expansion candidate either way, they might as well ride getting to be in the same conference as OU and Texas for as long as they can

Welcome to The American, ISU!

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Spacebump posted:

The list is apparently at 12 teams currently.
https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/771179966100680704

Apparently, UConn is on here mainly because it would be okay with being a football-only member, which is about the craziest loving reason to invite UConn.

The success rate for schools that make the leap without being near the conference is also pretty dismal (Maryland/Rutgers, Colorado). If UConn wants to sacrifice its football program at the Big 12 pyre for basketball's sake, that's fine, but I have no illusions about what would really be going on.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Edit: Wrong thread

Just invite Rice, SMU and Houston.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

As long as the Big 12 doesn't poach anyone from The American, I'm fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Ok Bearcats you can go ahead and fire Tuberville now

It would be pretty funny if UConn's win over Cincy somehow played a part in keeping Cincy from the Big 12

• Locked thread