Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
These threads are always a little strange for me, in a good way. I know I'm never going to get the result I want (maximum chaos) but I enjoy talking about the possibilities and developments despite that.

As a fan of a team with a secure future I hope I soon get to watch the explosive death of the Big 12 just to see where the bodies scatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Wanvig posted:

I keep hearing people say "we need to follow Boise State's footsteps", because I guess there's nothing else we can do, but look at Boise. All that winning, the David & Goliath narratives, and the success sustained long enough to turn fans into haters - only to get no higher than the MWC.

I might be more negative than most, but I think Houston will hang around just long enough to be left out by the four superconferences and have to drop to FCS or drop football altogether. Turn TDECU stadium into a smaller stadium with another parking garage next to the current parking garage.

Boise's problem isn't that their football success didn't mean enough. It's that their football success could never mean enough given their location and overall lack of presence. It's cool that they won games but no one carea about Idaho and no one cares about the university. Football isn't going to change that.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Sash! posted:

I refuse to believe Santa Ono is a real name a person has on this earth

He's married to a woman named Gwendolyn Yip which a downright fun name to say

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Do you already have your Ron McBride? If so, give it another 15-20 years, roughly

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Wyoming feels like quintessential WAC though and the MWC is now as much spiritually the new WAC as it is historically

e: like Wyoming, UNLV, Colorado State and Hawaii should exist in whatever the current WAC is so long as they choose to have teams

• Locked thread