Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kinda glad FSU avoided that mess, now. Games would have been fun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

I've been waiting for an excuse to use this again.

I wish the ACC would take you guys. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Big 12 should have went all in and just took FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, and Clemson.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pakled posted:

This is my dream scenario in the event of an ACC breakup. Maybe VT instead of Miami, but everyone seems to say they're more likely to end up in the SEC.

As long as FSU can play UF Thanksgiving weekends, we can move where ever, but keeping the Miami game would also be nice.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No more lonely Bearcat.jpg. :unsmith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goetta posted:

Actually Cincy lobbying like crazy to get into the conference and the Big 12 staying pat will be the epitome of Bearcat.jpg

:smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Korranus posted:

I think the Big 12 will take Cincy and UConn. This by the way basically destroys the American since they'll lose their title game and their TV deal.

Requiem for the AAC.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, them not taking FSU, Miami, GT and Clemson is looking worse in hindsight.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

It's Florida that's already done.

:smithcloud:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

Football has been the driving factor behind pretty much every decision the ACC has made since they started expanding.

Only after FSU and Clemson threatened to walk if Tobacco Road kept trying to add schools with good basketball and lovely football.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldn't mind more schools from those big, empty states sneaking into major conferences.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
10 team, round robin conferences that make geographic sense is my futile dream. :smith:

FSU
UF
Miami
Alabama
Auburn
GT
Georgia
Clemson
South Carolina
LSU

12 game seasons, schedule whoever, so non-conference rivalries are protected.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

How does this look?

edit: perusing this, the 1991 Aggies had basically the textbook R.C. Slocum season- lost a non-conference game to Tulsa, went undefeated in conference and climbed in to the top ten, then lost 10-2 in their bowl game.

(I would take this season in a heartbeat by the way)

I could accept that, FSU being independent was pretty cool back when I was little. Bobby would play anybody, pretty much. Or bring back the old Metro Conference.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

FCS makes more sense for basically the entire Sun Belt.

FBS needs relegation.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sash! posted:

I don't know if it would go that far. I think we'd end up with three tiers.

Three tiers would work. I'm all about another championship game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Popeye's is pretty decent for a chain place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

But with a neutral non-conference game that is more or less evenly matched on paper, determined after the first 12 games are completed..

What about rivalry weekend?

I like FSU/Florida as the last regular season game.

It's something to look forward to, even during crappy seasons for FSU (like this one).

• Locked thread